Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com$51
eDreams$32
Agoda.com$32
Tripadvisor$32
ZenHotels.com
All reviews during low tide the owner nice place paul sea resort beach boat
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We have been staying at the PP land resort for a bit over a week and really enjoy the place. The bungalows are very cosy (we stayed in a special bungalow) and the terrace with lots of sitting options is very comfortable. The beach is very close, around 15 meters from the bungalows. They also have lounge chairs at the beach which can be used.
The sun is there till around 4 o' clock and you always have a nice breeze that makes the temperatures more than bearable.

The food at PP is very good as well. We tested dishes from all categories and were never disappointed, especially the whole fish or the BBQed Squid were amazing. But also the homemade baguettes and shakes are a dream.
We highly suggest this place!

Date of stay: January 2013
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The bungalows all have nice views, are well spaced, well built and comfortable with nice hammock in the front. There are hints of an ecological mindset, such as being able to refill your water bottle (for 10THB) and recycled water and low energy bulbs.

However, the organic garden has been totally abandoned and the grounds are not well kept with a lot of trash around. The staff and owners were neutral at best and didn't evoke a sense of warmness or friendliness at all. I asked Paul, one of the owners, a couple questions and he just shrugged his shoulders and said he couldn't help because he wasn't allowed to work in Thailand. (I've lived in Thailand for 8 years and I've never seen this attitude towards guests before).

The fans in the room are low energy consuming motors but they don't even generate enough wind to discourage a fly from landing on them. Fans in the room are not something that I would skim on because they keep you cool and keep mosquitoes off your body. We came back completely riddled with mosquito bites.

There's a great view from rooms, but beach is rocky and not suitable for swimming so you have to go about 3 kilometers to get to good beach.

Food is overpriced. For example, 25 THB for a little pinch of honey and also 15 THB for some butter for your toast.

There's definitely better value for your money and a more friendly atmosphere in other places on Ko Payam.

In short, I will return to Ko Payam, but I won't stay or recommend P.P. Land to anyone.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Ko Phayam is a great choice for lazy island life in Thailand, and PP Land is the place to stay. It's simple, no AC or hot water, but the quality of the room for the price was great. It was clean and pretty, and we could see the water from our non-beachfront room. There's a family of dogs who will accompany you on a sunrise walk down the beach, and you can watch Odie dig for crabs, and even cheer her on. The owners are very nice and try their best to make you happy.
The only recommendation I'd make to the owners would be to have some AC or hot water options. I would have paid more Baht for that, but really it's not too necessary. My only semi complaint would be the prices at the restaurant. The coffee was great, but everything on the menu was more than Thai prices, and that was a little disappointing. But, the food was good.
It was some of our favorite time in Thailand and we'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mochi C
pearlppland, Owner at PP.Land Beach Eco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,
I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about PP land beach resort on Tripadvisor .
My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our resort PP land that you announce it as Relaxation and sleepy island life
It is good to hear that you Like our food , ( but the price of the products go up , so also restaurant price )
as we have a eco resort AC will not fit in our concept , hot water will be available next year in some rooms , Thanks for mentioning that!
It is for me, and our staff a big motivation to get positive feedback and we try to improve our service, and customer satisfaction every day!

once again thank You for taking the time to write a review and for being our guest , and we hope to welcome You again in the near future ,

with kind regards Paul and Pearl ,

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Paul and Pearl with their two daughters, friendly staff, three cats and at least four friendly dogs have created the perfect place to relax and unwind. I agree with everything in the previous review, I was there at the same time. I'd booked for five nights, stayed a further three nights and wished I'd stayed longer.
I spent the mornings walking, there are many shady paths, paved and unpaved to explore. In the afternoons I relaxed with a book in my hammock and then in the evenings I strolled along the beach, often with a couple of dogs for company.
My thatched bungalow was cool, I didn't need the fan, the bed was very comfortable, the wickerwork chairs and table were a nice touch as were the colourful cushions.
I was sad to leave but looking forward to my next visit.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Katthiya
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I write to you from P.P. Land’s pool-area (from a very fast and reliable free wireless!), from where I just watched 6 hornbills fly by and land in the tree nearby. Yesterday I saw some kind of hawk with a feather sticking up on its head, a bunch of green pigeons, and so many other birds. (I think this may be a bird watcher’s paradise!) But sadly the day has arrived where I need to depart P.P. Land to begin my journey home. It’s sad because I found one of those rare places that I really feel like I could stay at forever, and I don’t want to leave!
The owners (a Thai & European couple and their Thai family) are so real, welcoming, and friendly that they really make you feel at home; but it’s not forced or for money….they are just so relaxed and really just give off that vibe. The staff do the same. A mix of Myanmar & Thai, they are always there for you and offer a high level of service, but are just real people.
And that kind of vibe is likely also what gives P.P. Land its great feel: yes, they have a pool, and a little waterfall with exotic fish in the pool, and really nice bungalows, and a really swanky restaurant & lounge area; but it’s all very ‘earthy’ and unpretentious, surrounded by beach, trees and plants, with friendly, healthy, clean, & happy pets wandering around. It’s also all TRULY eco-friendly. To the right of this chemical-free salt water pool are 2 sets of solar panels set on top of a huge water-tower that gets its water from natural sources. The waterfall by the restaurant acts as a water-collector and filters water for use elsewhere, after it passes through some kind of complex water-storage & filtration area. As far as I understand, they only use their generator at night if they need to in order to keep our fans going. (I’m cool with that!) To all of those sincere eco-travellers: this is the real deal. The owners have developed this resort every step of the way with self-sufficiency and low impact in mind, and a lot of the things in place here are a bit too complicated for me to even understand.
Outside of the super-clean, nice, and well-built buildings & bungalows, one of the other first things that caught my attention was the menu. Here I found the best menu I have seen so far in Thailand (I have travelled for 3 weeks from Bangkok, slowly to the farthest northern town of Mai Sai, and back down to Koh Payam), largely for what is available, but also for how good the food is. What I often find is that I cannot find exactly what I want at a restaurant. I may want a green vegetable curry or a peanut shrimp curry, pad thai, som tum, noodle soup, etc, at any given time, and typically that involves walking around to various restaurants and trying to interpret a menu and/or communicate in a broken Thai/English conversation to HOPE that you get what you wanted. P.P. Land’s menu just has it all (including excellent Western selections if you need a taste of home) and it’s all very well spelled out so that you know you will get what you wanted.
I should note that we discovered that the same family runs another resort called Heaven Beach on the other side of the island, so we went and checked it out. From what we gathered, it is new and perhaps for those who may want even a bit more luxury, with large bungalows that are extremely well-decorated and have air conditioning, and are all set right along the beach front. Maybe next time!
I don’t really ever write reviews but I have been so inspired by my stay at P.P. Land I just felt I had to share all of this with other travellers and also just spread the good word for the owners simply because I feel they are deserving of it.

Date of stay: October 2012