“Clean and comfortable - Excellent food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Manor

The Manor
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alconbury
The Manor
You added The Manor to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alconbury
London, United Kingdom
“Clean and comfortable - Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed 2 nights (Friday and Saturday) as we were visiting the local area. As previously mentioned this is an old building, so expect creaky and uneven floors etc. Our room was clean, comfortable and spacious, with an on suite bathroom. Our room was over the kitchens, and there was a constant hum from the air conditioners until later in the evening, but it wasn't an issue for us.
The menu was small, but we ate there both evenings and the quality of the food was excellent and good value for money, and my other half assures me the beer was good too. Our breakfast was very nice too. Staff were extremely friendly .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Leselee_and_spouse

Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Great REAL village pub with good food and a limited number of rooms available. Old hunting lodge/farmhouse/home turned pub. Quaint rooms, well furnished, friendly and helpful staff. Lovely village with interesting church and friendly residents. The original building is circa 16th century so the floors are a bit uneven and creaky in places, but that only adds to the atmosphere. Short bus ride to the market town of Huntingdon, convenient train ride to London (about an hour). Staying above a pub can be loud sometimes but this pub quiets down around 10 P.M. on weeknights and around midnight on Fri & Sat so that's not a real issue. We lived in this village for several years and this is where we stay when we return to England for visits.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mediocrates
Nailsworth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel (which agreed is really a pub with rooms) is excellent value for money.

The restaurant downstairs was great, i loved the concept of cooking your own steak, and the food was absolutely delicious.

Half the price of the corporate hotel 10 miles away and well worth it. Would stay again, the landlord is friendly and makes a great breakfast!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Jamie H
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

The room was furnished with a four-poster bed, which was a nice touch, but in all honesty, I feel the room was slightly too small for it. Not a huge problem as there was plenty of room to walk around the bed, but even so, a normal double would be a better option in my opinion. Having said that, the bed was very comfortable. There was a TV in the room which, again, seemed on the large side in relation to the cabinet it was placed on, meaning that it did oversail the mirror slightly, not a problem for me though, I really don't need a mirror!!
I had a great night at the bar, there was a good selection of local people in there, who were all very friendly. The service, and the food, was fantastic, both in the evening for dinner and in the morning for breakfast.
I would have no problem, either recommending this hotel / inn, or staying there again myself.
All in all, I paid £45 for the night including breakfast, and i've got to say that it was very good value for money.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank WHUFC-E13
Gloucester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

In reality this is a pub offering B & B facilities rather than a hotel. But, at £60 per night for a room, I think you should be able to expect quite a lot.
The building is an old farmhouse that has been sensitively converted into a pub/ restaurant and B & B. It is set in the middle of the village, convenient for both Peterborough and Cambridge.
The rooms were comfortable and clean. We stayed for two nights but the room was not tidied after the first night. It was difficult to get the shower to work and although this is an old building and plumbing is no doubt a challenge I think you should be able to expect to have a decent shower.
Breakfast was fine, but the tea was served in a mug with cartons of UHT milk - what happened to tea pots and jugs of milk? Breakfast was also served in the bar rather than the restaurant, and I'm not sure why.
We ate in the restaurant for one night. They serve mainly grilled food on blocks of hot stone on which you cook the food yourself. Personally I’d prefer a chef to do the cooking for me but appreciate that's a personal view.

With simple things put right this could be a really good place to stay but unitl I know they are not sure I would go back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Glaws
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alconbury
Premier Inn Huntingdon (A1/A14) Hotel
The Old Bridge
#2 of 9 in Huntingdon
4.5 of 5 stars 407 reviews
No photo provided

Been to The Manor? Share your experiences!