“Vacation”
Review of Aracari Resort

Aracari Resort
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at the resort in October,2013, friendly and helpful staff, breakfast was excellent, planning to stay there for my next visit! Very peaceful! I love the De Elegance room. Room service everyday! Courteuos front desk staff,always there to give assistance. My room was decorated with fresh flowers and the room had a lovely vanilla secnt.............i enjoyed the fresh air in the under the benhab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 689annie

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here a number of times on a recent trip in July 2013
The hotel is located in a area that is easily accessable both by the Demerara Harbour Bridge and the Boats at the Vreed en Hoop Old ferry docks. The hotel is in need of some repair. The locks needs replacing, the bathrooms need a facelift (taps etc). The safety latch is not there. It is not a 5 star but it is okay for the price they charge. The staff are friendly and helpful, the two manager I believe Abishek and Noamie very nice and accomodating. One night the locks were broken and she switched us to another room. The food was not so great on some days, but was great on others i think it was a different cook. The linen needs changing, it is soiled and looks bad. The security at the hotel is a different issue, one gentleman looks disoriented most of the time after around 2200 hrs. He is poorly dressed with his shirt hanging out. The hot water works great. Room service is always prompt. Staff that brought our food was kind and had a smile, a rarety for guyana in most places. A advice would be to offer tea/coffee service. I would recommend this hotel for short stays. I was satisfied with the rooms they were clean and the ac worked well. The rooms varies, they are supposed to be DLX with sofa and minibar and a microwave, but not all of them came with those amenities. I would stay here again in my future travels, it is convenient to get to all major areas.

Room Tip: choose the deluxe room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank vanessamoh
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We first stayed at the resort in Oct, 2011 for our anniversary and the accommodation, service and food was quite okay, no complains, it was like home away from home and this enticed us to return. On our last visit, two days ago, it seems that a lot has changed, we could not wait to get home. 1) the Wi-Fi service sucks, 2) we couldn't watch a proper movie. For this sort of establishment shouldn't you have DIRECTV installed with a variety of channels not standard cable tv.3) My wife and I were having breakfast and we can hardly hear ourselves talk, the staff in the kitchen were very loud. The food also needs much improvement. 4) I wonder if there is a maid service cause we surely didn't see any for the duration of our stay for even a change of sheets and towels. 5) Their is no privacy in the rooms, I can hear my neighbour gaffing in the other room and you know what else we can hear.6) On entering this establishment there is a sign posted at the gate "WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST OR DAMAGE TO VEHICLES", on seeing this made me want to change my mind on staying there. If I am a guest at your resort and you are not responsible for my vehicle that is parked in your compound then why would one want to be there in the first place if you are telling me that I am parking there at my own risk. It's a very good hide out and I belief that better can be done.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MSwagg2013
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for three days, was planning on staying for two weeks, but was not satisfied with most of the sevices, the rooms doors are always screeching, WI fi does not work, if you have to make a call you have to call front desk for them to put through the call, you have to waith a few minutes before they put the call through, if they don't get throught they would not call to let you, also on the closet door they was a large nail sticking out, I call asking them to fix, was not fixed before I leave, I think this hotel is very very beautiful and peaceful place for a vacation, its has a lot of potential, I would suggest to the owner, do some work and you would have a flourishing business becaues of the area and the room space, work on WI FI, do maintainace on the rooms, from desk and the maid are awesone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Raza R
spicekid235, Front Office Manager at Aracari Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for your very Positive suggestions, same will be taken into consideration

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Resort for 12 days, We booked our rooms early and when we got there our rooms were ready. We were comfortable, felt safe, the room were very spacious and well equipped. The staff there very friendly. I will recommend this resort to anyone going to Guyana on vacation. The only problem is the security, they let you through the gate without any questions asked. All in all we had a great time at Aracari. We will be back.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and sunny
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Iril D
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My family stayed at the resort, nice place the kids really love the hotel, the maid are the most courteous and help maid I have met, they went above and beyond to assist in anyway they can, my only problem is the salon, a young lady by the name of Reshma, who claims to be the owner,I must say she has no class she is very unprofessional, does not know to speak to customer, has a nasty attitude, need to go to a training school and learns etiquette, if you go to Aracari do not go to the salon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank shaleeza977
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My Family stayed at Aracari from Nov. 16th to 19th 2012. We booked two rooms and was accomodated for early arrival, which is great. The rooms were very spacious and equipped with everything you need. The linen on the bed was stained and looked disgusting, we asked for it to be changed and it was. Front desk staff was mostly very nice except for one person. All other staff were really friendly and very helpfull, especially the maids. The pool was clean and nice, the kids had fun.Breakfast was included, eggs and toast every morning, you can purchase other menu items if you like but may have to wait for an hour, so plan ahead.

The two things we weren't impressed with are as follows.
Security, we were never stopped or questioned by security, you can come and go as you like. We had people just driving into the compound and coming up to our room without any interaction with security or fron desk.

Construction workers, there is renovation work taking place at the monement. We were awaken to load noise, banging and profanity early in the morning. Apprently, construction workers were building a scaffold between the two rooms and could care less that the rooms were occupied or that it was early in the morning. We called the front desk to voice or displeasure, they claimed they had no idea this was happening. We were more annoyed with the profanity that the noise, had kids in both rooms.

To conclude, I would rate our stay as average but think with a security review and some hospitality training, Aracari has the potential to be a really fun destination spot. We would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floors, you can open the windows and enjoy the breeze.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
#5 of 21 in Georgetown
The Eldorado Inn
The Eldorado Inn
#6 of 21 in Georgetown

Been to Aracari Resort? Share your experiences!