Romantic weekend on the Island where I had a house and some land, lovely nay beautiful Meganisi, close to the best village on the island ( IMHO) Spartochori. We thought the 25 minute trip on the ferry from Nidri Lefkas to Meganisi, meet with friends, nice stay in a hotel would all add up to a lovely stay on one of my favourite islands.
We arrived at reception...We check in, asked to sign the usual docs. 'Do you have a pen I don't have one?' says the receptionist. 'Er, yes I do' says I. Phone rings and I've lost my receptionist for the duration of the phone call. No 'just a moment sir,' no 'sorry,' Nice girl but completely out of her depth on reception.
We finally get the key to our room and are pleased with what we find. Fabulous view, life buzzing below by the pool and pool bars, a little loud but nothing to worry about.
I phone reception and ask for the Wi Fi code. I get it. It doesn't work, I phone back and check the number, same as before , it won't work. I take computer and code written on some paper to reception.
'Wi Fi' doesn't work despite trying several times using the code you gave me.'
The code is correct she informs me but..' sometime the Wi Fi doesn't work.'
'So what you are saying is the hotel advertises Wi Fi which may or may not work?' Say I
'Yes' says she.
Room was good although no extra pillows and no full length mirror and no tea/coffee making facilities. TV was as ever Greek or German and the BBC news channel was in black and white and temperamental.
Breakfast was a typical continental mix of the usual, the bacon I swear is boiled not fried or grilled and is the usual awful Greek bacon, the eggs were all hard fried.....the coffee was good!
We decided to have our coffee on the veranda by the dining room and settled to admire the view and sip coffee. we were immediately surrounded by three ladies in pink aprons, spraying glass cleaner onto the glass screens in front of us. Take it from me, coffee and cleaning materials and three posteriors in your face as the ladies leant/bent over to clean, are not a particularly endearing mix.
Overhall, Esperides is an OK average hotel, geared to an LCD market who 'consume voraciously.' At breakfast we watched middle aged Italians and Greeks stuffing food into various bags they had, and not very discreetly. Is this not a mild form of theft?
I won't stay there again unless I have to but it may well suit some, I still think it was expensive for the package you get, but hey this is the high season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Esperides Resort 4 star Hotel in Meganissi is a friendly place of leisure and entertainment by the sea, surrounded by trees and facing the sea from the slopes of a hill. The unique location of our facility provides all rooms with a majestic sea view of the Ionian Sea and the legendary island of Scorpios, owned by Aristotle Onassis. Within a scenery of trees embracing the crystal waters of the Ionian, visitors can stroll around the small villages of the island or enjoy the comfort and calm of a cold drink by the pool, overlooking a most enchanting view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and Bookgreece.com so you can book your Esperides Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperides Hotel Spartochori
- Esperides Hotel Lefkas
- Esperides Resort Hotel Meganisi, Greece - Spartochori