Premier Inn Liverpool (Roby) Hotel
$58
$52
$91
Hotels.com
Premier Inn St. Helens South Hotel(St Helens)(Great Value!)
$68
  • Restaurant
Green Park Hotel(Liverpool)
$89
PremierInn.com
All reviewstrain stationcity centrelime streetmeal dealmin walkcomfortable staystayed for nightscooked breakfastroom was spotlessfamily roomwe've stayedplenty of parkingfriendly hotelalbert docklovely staffall you can eatbudget hotel
Reviewed April 21, 2014

having just spent 5 nights in this premier inn all i can say is , on arrival we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist , our room was well up to Premier inn standard, clean and very comfortable. Nothing was to much trouble for the staff , we asked for more pillows and they were with us in a few minutes . The only downside to our visit was the resturant, we went for a meal we waited for what seemed ages and when it it arrived my wife`s meal was wrong , when we got what we had ordered my steak was burnt to a crisp round the edges and almost raw in the middle. Both my wife and myself had chips with our meal , these were cold when we got them and when we complained the waiter told us they had several more complaints about the chips, surely if there was one complaint this should have been sorted out . needless to say we won`t be having any more meals here, As far as the hotel goes i have no n#hesitation in reccomending it , one of the top Premier inn`s we have stayed in

Room Tip: we had room 6 and it overlooked the gardens , highly reccomended
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Hear every step from the room an corridors above plus cleaners have there morning chat outside your room first thing, not good. Booked online when I got there price had change to the turn up an pay price only a few pounds difference but better in mine than there's. Room wasn't ready only had one very small towel in. Tv only had a few channels working an lights was broken so main light or nothing. I'm certain all the rooms aren't this bad this bad one off I hope.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is the third time in 3 years that i have stayed at the Premuim Inn, Roby and again they have excelled. This time I was on my own with my 2.5yr old and from the moment I arrived the staff could not do enough to help me.
As soon as we walked in the door the staff recognised us and asked how my daughter was by name! (which if you see previous comments, when my daughter had been ill you could say maybe she would be remebered) but if you imagine how many visitors are there every year was a lovely touch.
We were on the top floor as per the premuim inn policy of lone travellers, the room was clean and tidy as normal, as I had a buggy, large rucksack and a bag full of child stuff, the staff asked straight away if i needed any help with my luggage.
Each morning after breakfast, the staff asked if we needed any help getting anywhere as we were without a car, and when we had problems with secruity on my Ipad they helped me log on as I needed to Skype my family back in Portsmouth.
This time we only ate in the resturant on the final night and as my duaghter was really tired, she was not in the best of moods, the staff were understanding that she was making a bit of noise and mess.
I really cannot express how much I enjoy staying here, there is nothing that I can say was bad, when we first got in the room, it felt a bit cold, but the temprature gauge was so easy to change it was sorted really quickly.
My husband was not keen on myself and my daughter travelling alone and staying in a hotel, but as soon as he knew we were at the "derby Lodge" he was fine as he knew we would be looked after, and he was not wrong. If you are with family or travelling alone this is ideal place to be, in fact if you are travelling to Liverpool i highly recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher floors seem to hear the wind a bit more, and if you need a quiet room ask not to be over the pub/resturant side. The noise level is not bad anywhere in the hotel but in the summer i could image if you are near the pub side it would be noiser!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2014

With buildings that have been converted from a previous use, there is usually some sort of trade off, and that is the case with the Roby Premier Inn. Formerly an old people's home and long before that, almost certainly a Manor House, its corridors present a a maze like quality to the unininitiated and it took me a while to find my Room (52) on the first floor, above the restaurant and overlooking the garden. There is a beautiful staircase down from the room to the restaurant boxed in by the modern development that has taken over the building: no time for period features when functionality is paramount! This is a pity, as most Premier Inns are purpose built, this one isn't, and that could be its selling point. If you are used to Premier Inns, check in is quick and efficient, so you have little contact with any staff. This Premier Inn is very near the M62 and it is easy to find. I was at an advantage since I know the area well. Another selling point is that the Inn is very close to Roby Station and a return ticket to Liverpool costs in the region of three pounds with trains running every twenty minutes.
The Restaurant: I ate here in the evening. It was adequate but nothing special; the fish cakes were deep fat fried, and resembled small rocks. Breakfast was a huge improvement and it is cooked to order.

Room Tip: If you have any sort of disability request a ground floor room. Although there is a lift, don't assume that there are no stairs once you get out on your floor! There most certainly are. Ask for a room away from the restaurant, but facing towards the M62 or Bowering Park. My room (52) had an adequate shower and a tiny bath, nothing like the quality of other Premier Inns I have stayed in.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank DannyBoy94
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Hotel was fantastically clean and tidy with friendly and helpful staff. The restaurant/bar was marvellous with plenty of food options. The breakfast choices were supurb and great value for money. The room was great, clean and an extreamlly comfortable bed that I did not want to get out of. The hotel was fantastically situated for where I need to be. I would Definatly stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo