“What a find!”

The Spice Inn
Ranked #5 of 25 Restaurants in Rainhill
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Salaam, Namaste and welcome to the Spice Inn. Here we challenge the nation that Indian cuisine is created using age old recipes and ideas. In fact, we believe that Indian food should constantly adapt. Our chef's have an outstanding expertise in conjuring up dishes that combine Asian methodology with a European template to produce distinctive layers of flavours to give a unique taste sensation. Our menu includes only the finest of ingredients, authentic herbs & spices plus rare & unusual specialities offering a modern twist on traditional Indian cuisine. Our highly experienced & attentive waiting team aspire to provide you with seamless service ensuring your every need is met.
Anglesey, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I LOVE indian food and make it my business to seek out good restaurants whenever I am travelling. It has to be said that I have been bitterly disappointed on many occasion. Not last night though when a friend introduced me to 'The Spice Inn' in Rainhill.

To say that my hopes were not high is an understatement, particularly as she told me it was located at the back of a pub. I was expecting the standard Balti house fare of Kormas, Madras's and Vindaloos served up with an extra ladle of ghee! I am delighted to report that that couldn't be further from the truth.

Rainhill has an absolute gem here. The menu is original and imaginative. We chose 'Jalapeno Chicken' and 'Mango Salsa' (chicken cooked with garlic, ginger and chilli and topped with slices of fresh mango) from the 'Signature Dishes' list but the menu also features more traditional choices such as Jalfrezi and Bhuna. Our side dish of Tarka Dhall was the best I have ever tasted (so often it is watery, yellow and tasteless). The whole experience was enhanced by the charming service and the knowledge and enthusiasm of the owner.

If you live in the area or happen to be visiting nearby, I can't recommend 'The Spice Inn' highly enough. Will definitely return and though we didn't try the pub last night, I am reliably informed that that too punches above its weight so will include that next visit.

• Visited February 2013
TheSpice I, Owner at The Spice Inn, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your review Ryan at the spice inn

world traveller
“Excellent food”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The food is excellent, we went for our staff night out and it was fantastic. Food was delightful in every way and I want to recommend the peri peri chicken mmmm delicious! I was amazed how quick the food was cooked an the only down side of the restaurant is there lack of diet coke!! Other than that I couldn't fault the food and the service. Fantastic!!

England
“Really Good Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Really good Indian food, better than most. Really good service and food presentation. I found it a more modern Indian than most I had visited. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys Indian food and there was plenty of selection on the menu. Only downside is that fact its paired with the pub next door, so it takes away from the atmosphere, especially as the two venues share the same toilets.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I recently visited the Spice Inn for my fiancée's birthday with friends. We had a great night and after some great food they even brought out a surprise birthday cake. All of the table were full but despite this, the staff were brilliant and we weren't rushed at all. We'll definitely be visiting more often.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top Quality Indian cuisine!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Went here for my 35th birthday. When booked was asked if it was for a special occasion, told them it was for a birthday. Birthday helium balloon, and birthday cake was included free(Nice touch). Food was fabulous, service was efficient, it was also very busy. Always a good sign!!
Main course was very well presented. Couldn't fault it!! When bill came total was very, very reasonable! Will return again in near future!!

• Visited August 2012