“Friendly and Clean”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bootle
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly and Clean”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel delivered what I was looking for - a good value place to spend a night, with a shower and a continental breakfast in the morning to set me up for a day's work. It's clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.

It's not in the centre of Liverpool by any means, so you need to add the price of a couple of taxi rides to the price if that's where your headed, but all in all, it is reasonable value.

Room Tip: There's no lift, so if you can't carry your luggage up a couple of flights of stairs, say so...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I feel really sorry for hotels like this that get poor reviews and as a result no custom. The reviews nearly put me off but I'm glad I stuck to my decision and stayed here. Nice staff who were approachable, bedroom was lovely and tidy and the bathroom only across the corridor. If you are looking for somewhere to rest after a night out round Liverpool I'd highly recommend here as its cheap and affordable but offers the safety and comfort of any big brand hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed May 21, 2013

You will be more and more disappointed as further away from liverpool city center u get.. This is a industrial zone, and it looks like world war 2 was yesterday. There is nothing around here to do!!!! So the money "u think" u save on staying at this hotel, u will use on taxi, to get away from the horror. There is no longer a bar in the hotel, even if they say so on their homepage! They lost their license to serve alcohol. The hotel smells like sewage, but they try to cover it as good as they can with plug in air cleaners (unsuccessful) If i was homeless, i guess this would be a slightly upgrade, at most... STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Sleep in a cardboard in the city instead...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank chris h

Travelers are raving about these Bootle hotels

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Awful, awful, awful. Very strong smell of sewage works (site straight opposite), rooms were falling apart, staff were extremely rude and arrogant. The rooms were very over priced. Shared shower and toilet.....not pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank joannaolly
Ankara
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Recently I visited this hotel with my boyfriend for four days and our stay was quite relaxing and comfortable. We were looking for a cool place to spend some time together and the place turned out to be a perfect choice for that. We enjoyed a lot there. Food, accommodation and services of the staff, everything is perfect here. Property is intelligently designed according to the need of all types of travelers. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We arrived to find the outside of the building falling apart and looking shabby. The lady at reception was welcoming. We were handed the key card and remote control (presumabably as there has been previous thefts of the televisions). The smell in the corridors to the room was very smokey and a general smell of grease. The room was absolutley terrible. There was ducttape keeping the windows together, cigarette burns in the bedding, tiles falling off the wall in the bathroom, holes in the doors, walls looking shabby and again the strong smell of smoke. At night there was a constant hum from the industrial oil works across the road as well as being able to hear traffic due to the poor windows. The stay was that terrible we managed to last an hour getting no sleep and checked out at 1am. We preferred a two hour drive back in the early hours of the morning than to stay any longer.

We had similar experiences with taxi drivers in shock that we were staying there and also heard about men bringing women back there.

Room Tip: Book a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Corinne B
Peterborough
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Having read all the reviews on here for the Maritime hotel, I thought I would also have my say. I have stayed at the hotel twice now, when on both occasions I have been up in Liverpool to go to the football. On trips like this, all I want is somewhere to sleep after a day cheering on the mighty Blues and enjoying a few drinks with mates. The price for a room here is perfect for this, meaning more money for a few drinks (or tequlias on this trip). Yes the area is not the most attractive, but then I wasn’t spending much time in the room so that does not bother me.

Check in was fault free, I have mentioned when booking the room that I was going to be arrive before the 2pm check in time and the hotel had managed to make sure that a room was available and ready for me. Quickly dumping my bags in my room, reception booked a taxi for me, which arrived straight away. After enjoying the football and a few drinks in town, a taxi back to the hotel was £8.

The room was perfect for me, had a quality night’s sleep and didn’t experience any disturbance at all. Only let down really was the breakfast, which didn’t include a cooked breakfast.

Would I stay here again, well if my trip to Liverpool was just for football and beers, then yes. IF for anything else, would probably pick somewhere else in the city centre and pay a bit more money. But if you are looking for a cheap hotel, then would recommend the Maritime.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bootle
Royal Hotel
Z Hotel Liverpool
Z Hotel Liverpool
#18 of 97 in Liverpool
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,344 reviews

Been to Regent Maritime Hotel? Share your experiences!