“Highly Recommended”

Ranked #1 of 2 Bootle B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Arrived after a long journey to a very warm welcome. The hotel is comfortable and clean with parking and a great breakfast included. Very good value for money and I would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at the Breeze Guest House overnight for an interview the next morning.
Everything was spotlessly clean and the staff were lovely - genuinely friendly and very welcoming. They really made us feel at home.
The hotel itself is very nice and decorated to a high standard. The minimalist/contemporary theme is continued throughout the hotel so all of the areas are bright, clean and fresh.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

If I wasn't there on business I would have stayed here longer. I arrived very late at night and was met with a welcome. Luggage was taken up for me and the breakfast service and food was great. Friendly welcome. My bed linen and towels smelt fresh and clean. Would definitely go there again!

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

As a regular attendee at Liverpool home games with my daughter, it's always hard to find somewhere to stay that isn't out to rip you off on match days. Prices rocket in the popular chains and it makes a trip to the match ridiculously expensive. This place turned out to be a little gem for £85:00 for a twin room, B&B. Situated in Bootle village, not even a 10 minute drive from Crosby Sands - if you have an hour or two to spare, well worth a trip to see the Anthony Gormley installation or just walk along the beach, this place provided the kind of warmth of welcome not found in big chains, where every member of staff says exactly the same thing to you.
We found it really easily (the name is written on the side of the house in HUGE letters) and were welcomed by the delightful Julie, who gets my full marks for enthusiasm, kindness and essentially, just being great. What a hard working friendly person.
She explained that we had a room at the top of the building, but was happy to change it to a ground floor room when I said I would find the stairs a bit hard. I rather fancy that we had the disabled access room, which if you are disabled would be great - with independent access, wide doors and a roomy shower.
The room was spotlessly clean and functional. The beds were comfortable - mattresses on the hard side, but I like that. There were tea and coffee making facilities and some nice biscuits. We didn't use the TV, but there was one. There was a bottle of soap in the bathroom, but you might just want to make sure you have your own shower gel and shampoo etc.
We ditched our stuff and went to the beach for an hour, and managed to get up to our ankles in mud which meant arriving back in a very muddy state and having to sort ourselves out to get back into our room without spreading mud everywhere. Luckily, this was easy - the following morning someone had positioned my mud caked boots in a place where they could dry and despite us leaving a trail of mud, no-one seemed to mind in the least. The whole atmosphere is one where they just can't do enough for you.
In the evening Julie booked us a cab to the Albert Dock (mini cab £7:50 into town, black cab £8:80 back) and we had a meal at Gusto's, where we always go.
Despite being on the front of the house our room was quiet, but we did hear the family getting up in the morning. This would NOT have been a problem if I'd taken the room at the top of the house, obviously.
Breakfast is a terribly personal thing - how you like your toast, what cereals you prefer, if you like grapefruit, etc - all that kind of stuff can never be second guessed by any hotel, whatever the quality, so I'll just say that you needn't go hungry here! (I really wish places still fried bacon - when it's grilled, I rather think that the pig died in vain...) The coffee and tea were excellent.
All in all this was great value for money and did exactly what it needed to do for us and I really hope to be back next season - if I can face another year as a Liverpool Fan ;(.
Julie, thank you for everything - and your baby is delightful!

Room Tip: Have a chat with the owners. They are so helpful if you ring up before your stay. Nothing is too muc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We came to see the Spurs Liverpool game.Shame about the result,but very glad we chose to stay here.Close to Oriel Train station with easy travel to City Centre.The hotel itself was great,and the breakfast marvellous.The service excellent.

• Stayed March 2013
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here with my teenage son to see Everton v Swansea match (12th Jan 2013).
Quite easy to find (thanks SatNav). Large hard standing / car park at front is easy to get in and out of.
First impressions are good - large building in quiet suburban part of Bootle.
We arrived a little early (12pm), and were met by Julie who told us we could check in if we liked. Very warm and friendly welcome.
The Breeze is about a 20min walk from Everton / Goodison (about 30min from Anfield). We decided to walk it - was very cold - so stopped halfway at a local pub (The Mons) for lunch - also ok for a pre-match lunch (depsite being surrounded by Everton fans!!)
The room was good for the two of us - two single beds - usual facilities - tea and coffee, TV, shower and ensuite WC etc. WiFi - but you need to ask Julie for password to use (no problems)
Bar area was not in service due to building works.
When we got back from the match, we then went for an Indian at local restaurant ('Cinammon' - reviewed separately). There's also a couple of pubs (Yates) who will do food + usual local take aways.
Good nights sleep - The Breeze in on quite a busy road (Hawthorne Road) - but noise levels acceptable. Breakfast next day was excellent - and we felt well looked after.
All in all I would highly recommend - if your going to one of the football grounds - I would say leave a good half an hour if walking (you may need to use Google maps on a smart phone - route is not straight forward!).
Slight niggles - light above shower not working, shower head holder loose, room was cold when we first went in - but Julie soon had it toastie (think heating is not controlled locally but as part of total system).
If I would offer one thing 'to do' is provide a defect book for guests to fill - e.g. light bulb gone?

Other than that - very good (Good luck to Julie and family on the impending arrival of a new member to the family!)

Other things you may want to do when in Liverpool - the Beatles Experience in Albert Dock - we went on the Sunday morning and both thought it was excellent.

(...one thing I wouldn't recommend doing is having a look around the streets near to the Anfield ground - the number of boarded up / empty / derelict houses is truly shocking and quite sad to see)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank layton_lewis
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We came to watch an everton match. Was ideal location, only a short walk away, good breakfast, good parking and room was very clean and smart. Really nice staff. Would definitely stay again and recommend.

• Stayed December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bootle
Titanic Hotel Liverpool
Aloft Liverpool
#20 of 97 in Liverpool
Royal Hotel
#40 of 97 in Liverpool

Been to Breeze Guest House? Share your experiences!