This Chateau is an amazing find! The history of course, is interesting and intriguing. The new owner and manager are doing a fantastic job of bringing all services up to DELUXE standards while maintaining the friendly charm that make a visit here so special! Our large room was tastefully decorated - plenty of closet and storage space - as well as sitting areas. The newly re-done bath was HUGE- with marvelous walk in shower and large soaking tub! always hot water! and a great view of the park! The Salon was comfortable and we loved relaxing in front of the fire after a day of touring - savoring the most delicious wines which we bought at the various vineyards. Because we did have to drive home each evening, we usually skipped wine at dinner and enjoyed even better bottles in the Salon "at home". Our hostess often had some small cheeses or snacks for us which was great! The location is perfect for exploring Bordeaux City and St Emilion - as well as a day trip to Perigod and Lascaux II.
One evening, we brought home some cheeses, bread and wine, and enjoyed our repast on the lovely terrace- by candlelight.
Carla is a most delightful, and friendly , and professional manager! Her smile always welcomes guests - and makes you feel at home. "Lady", the resident dog, is also very eager to have new residents' attention and welcomes you. The breakfasts were amazing!! Fresh breads, fresh fruit, and freshly squeezed orange juice- as well as plates of cheeses and meat and yogurts - more than enough to start your day! Of course, fresh pots of coffee or brewed pots of tea were always available.
The swimming pool will be great for relaxing afternoons in the summer. Extra services are available - including a pre-ordered light supper upon arrival, in case, like us, you were arriving from Paris in the evening.
I appreciated the previous reviewer giving the new telephone number- so that we made this contact. How we wished we could have stayed even longer - but alas, we had to depart. However, we are already planning how we can return next spring, and bring friends with us! There are at least 6 lovely rooms available, so it is a perfect place for friends or family to gather.
With over 55 years of traveling, I can honestly report that this is one of the few places I truly want to return to - and to bring friends!
Don't miss your chance to stay here! If only for one night the ambiance and luxury- the peacefulness and restfulness - are fantastic! It really is like having your own "home away from home" - but still close enough to enjoy the sights and sounds of the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Château Lamothe, a family run chateau, situated the heart of the Bordeaux region is only 30 minutes from the international airport. Positioned equidistant between Bordeaux and St Emilion - 25 minutes drive- you are perfectly positioned to explore wine country. Tucked away in a rural environment within a small village, surrounded by its own spring fed moat with its swans and ducks. This private château underwent large renovations and was tastefully restored, modernised and decorated in 2012/2013 to provide a delightful French home with a high level of service and comfort. The bedrooms are luxiously and tastefully decorated all with en-suite bathrooms. Breakfasts are served either in our dinning room or our on stunning South facing terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your Chateau Lamothe du Prince Noir - Bordeaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Lamothe Du Prince Noir - Bordeaux Hotel Saint-Sulpice-Et-Cameyrac
- Chateau Lamothe Du Prince Noir - Bordeaux France/Saint-Sulpice-Et-Cameyrac