We were struggling to find a hotel in the Medoc/ Bordeaux area, and came across this by chance. In sweltering heat, we needed effective air con, and wanted a hotel with good food. The hotel did not say that it had air con, and rather underplayed itself; it is next door to a busy road too, so we booked it online, and took the risk. There are no big signs on the road pointing the way.
Happily, it way outperformed our expectations. The rooms are very comfortable and large with great air con, and with no noise from the neighbouring road. As the name implies, the grounds are very pleasant, and a first class meal out in the garden was much enjoyed on both evenings. The hotel is in the North Medoc, 90 mins from Bordeaux, but it is close to some very good beaches, is close to the famous and not so famous vineyards, and there is much to do and see locally, including an excellent oyster market 20 mins up the road. The owner, Michelle, is English, and her husband is the chef. They are happy you for you to drink your own bottles, charging minimal corkage, which is a bonus if you are flying home. All in all, a very good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is in the heart of the Médoc and the appellations of Haut Médoc, St Estephe, Pauillac, St Julien, Moulis, Listrac & Margaux lie between Bordeaux and our Chateau. Don’t forget to make time for a beach visit as well! There are miles of fabulous beaches just 10 minutes drive from our door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Chateau Beau Jardin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Beau Jardin Bordeaux
- Hotel Chateau Beau Jardin France/Gaillan-En-Medoc