and 1 more site!
Ranked #1 of 2 Camiran B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Everything was perfect!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

After doing a lot of research on places to stay in Bordeaux I had decided on L'Autre Vie after reading the amazing reviews and it met and exceeded every expectation. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left I felt welcome, relaxed, and spoiled.

Justin and Vanessa are the ultimate hosts. When you want some peace and quiet and alone time it feels like you're the only people at the property and then the second you think you might need something (a delicious cheese plate, a glass of wine, a chat about where to go to dinner) they seem to suddenly appear. The grounds are beautiful, the breakfasts are devine and the rooms are wonderful (bathrooms included).

We stayed here for 2 nights and could have easily spent a week relaxing by the pool and checking out the area. I was also lucky enough to be proposed to on my first morning, over looking the vinyard and I must say it was the highlight of my trip. Vanessa had been emailing back and forth with my fiance to plan the big surprise and I know he was very greatful for all her help.

If you're planning a trip to Bordeaux this is the place to go in my opionion.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This place is heavenly - Justin and Vanessa are fantastic hosts! My wife and I spent two nights here in September 2013. Were it not for unchangeable flights we would have stayed longer! The setting is perfect - the property sits amongst vineyards in Bordeaux wine country - and the views from our room (the New York room) were spectacular. As hosts Justin and Vanessa were superb - friendly, accommodating and helpful. The breakfast that they put on each morning sets a new bar for 'continental breakfasts' - other B&Bs clearly need to lift their game! We will return.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Unfortunately we only spent one night on our way south. As soon as we arrived we knew it wasn't going to be long enough. As other reviewers have said, Vanessa and Justin have made L'Autre Vie somewhere special. The surroundings are stunning, the atmosphere is welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. On the list of places to which we will return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I have just returned following a four night stay at L'Autre Vie. We cannot speak highly enough of our appreciation of every aspect of our stay with Justin and Vanessa. We were lucky enough to stay in the "New York" Bedroom which is really a suite with spectacular views over the vineyard and rolling country side beyond, The grounds are lovely and spacious and the swimming pool is excellent. Meticulous attention to detail was apparent throughout the house and grounds. We really appreciated the advice on tours and their recommendations on restaurants which they were happy to book for us. They also provide an honesty bar which guests are welcome to access throughout the day It was lovely to return following a day out to enjoy their light food and delicious wine in the evening sun. this is a place not to be missed if you are travelling in the area

Room Tip: New York is on the first floor and has beautiful views. it also benefits from air con
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I had a very small and intimate wedding at L'Autre Vie in late August. Vanessa and Justin went above and beyond to help make this day perfect. I had been communicating with Vanessa for almost a year prior to the big day and she helped me plan every detail...arranging for my flowers, preparing appetizers, making dinner reservations, and even contributing her own ribbons, candlesticks, and rose petals for my ceremony. Justin even drove us to, and from, a nearby restaurant for our wedding dinner.

The rooms are beautifully decorated and the grounds surrounding the property are stunning. The breakfast is amazing, as well as the BBQ. It was heaven on earth. My only regret is that we didn't stay long enough. I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LeahR08
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have just returned to the UK, after spending 5 nights at Vanessa and Justin's L'Autre Vie and all I can think of is that I want to go back. Beautiful rooms in a beautiful setting, right in the heart of the French countryside. The food was just simply divine and my hosts could not have been more helpful or knowledgable. Breakfast at L'Autre Vie is also an opportunity to meet the other guests and a very pleasant and fun exchange of ideas of what to do and where to go, supported by Vanessa and Justin's knowledge of the area, was a daily occurrence. I loved every minute of my stay and I will definitely go back for more.

Room Tip: Due to the timing of my trip, I moved room mid stay. Whichever room you are in, you will be happy. I...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at L'Autre Vie for one night and really wished we could have stayed longer. It is the epitome of class and relaxation. The room had an amazing view of the vines, the pool area was lovely and the sitting areas strategically placed around the grounds were great.

We also enjoyed a BBQ of duck provided by Justin and Vanessa and it made for a lovely evening.

The room was so clean and had a great feel. The bathroom was plush and the magazines were lovely to read while lying on the comfy couch.

The breakfast was also delicious. As was the tour of the edible plants around the house - grapes, apples and plums were just a few that we enjoyed.

This B&B is highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camiran
Chateau Grand Barrail
#3 of 24 in Saint-Emilion
Chateau de Courtebotte
Chateau de Courtebotte
#1 of 3 in Saint-Jean-de-Blaignac

Been to L'Autre Vie: A blend of boutique hotel & B&B charm, surrounded by Bordeaux's vineyards? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about L'Autre Vie: A blend of boutique hotel & B&B charm, surrounded by Bordeaux's vineyards

Property: L'Autre Vie: A blend of boutique hotel & B&B charm, surrounded by Bordeaux's vineyards
Address: 1 Champ de la Grave, 33190 Camiran, France
Location: France > Nouvelle-Aquitaine > Gironde > Camiran
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 B&Bs / Inns in Camiran
L'Autre Vie is the perfect getaway in the heart of Bordeaux wine country, surrounded by beautiful, lush vineyards. Each room has been designed with style, providing guests with a king-size bed, flat screen TV, i-pod docking station, air conditioning & a modern ensuite bathroom with luxury toiletries. Around the grounds, you can relax by the pool, soak up some sun on the enormous deck, or try your hand at petanque. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your L'Autre Vie: A blend of boutique hotel & B&B charm, surrounded by Bordeaux's vineyards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.