“Way better than I imagined!”

Camellas-Lloret Maison d'Hote
Ranked #2 of 5 Montreal B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle
“Way better than I imagined!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I could tell by the website that this B&B and surrounding countryside would be beautiful and peaceful, but what I experienced was way more incredible than anticipated. From the moment I arrived I felt relaxed and invited, charmed not only by the spaciousness of the place but the one-of-a-kind plantings and decor. I loved everything about my stay - from the fresh and delicious breakfasts, local Olympic-sized pool, and nearby shops, walking spaces, and medieval church, to the upbeat/funky ambiance camellas-lloret does so well; the hanging basket chairs overlooking the terrace were a great place to kick back. When you're ready to head out and explore, there's lots to see and do in the nearby towns of Mirepoix, Limoux, Carcossone, plus the Niaux caves and a prehistoric museum in Tautavel. Also, easy access to the Pyrenees and the Corbieres. I left feeling totally recharged. Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: I checked out all the rooms - they are all wonderful!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I travelled to Montreal France with my god-mother for some much needed R&R and when we arrived at Camellas-Lloret Maison d'Hote, that is exactly what we received. Montreal is a small town in the French country side and I absolutely love the location of the B&B. The house is nestled amongst the typical french small town alleys that are accessible only on foot (a short walk from the parking area). The home is beautifully designed, Annie and Colin retained the original character while infusing the place with modern and very chic but unpretentious features. I absolutely love the style, it is the type of place you would find in a high end magazine. Annie and Colin are wonderful, they really made us feel welcome and at home. I highly recommend this accommodation and will definitely be back for another stay. It's hard to find a B&B of this caliber, it is well worth a trip to Montreal to stay at Camellas-Lloret Maison d'Hote.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Danny_G_14
Geneva on the Lake, Ohio
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I visited Camellas-Lloret with a good friend for a mini-break getaway in May and the quaint village and impressive accomodations had me sold the minute we arrived. Situated in the unique small village of Montreal, Annie and Colin's maison d'hotes was absolutely beautiful with no small detail forgotten. My expectations were met and exceeded the minute I viewed the relaxing lounge and beautiful courtyard where spent most of our time, when the sun decided to make an appearance! The entire weekend was "soundtracked" with great music that played in the background throughout the home, providing a relaxing and extremely chilled atmosphere that set the tone for the entire weekend. The interior was like something out of a magazine, and I couldn't help but sit and stare. Annie and Colin's hospitality was unmatched - providing us with day trip, restaurant and winery recommendations - we had the opportunity to experience the best of the area, things that we may have missed on our own. I would recommend Camellas-Lloret to anyone looking for a relaxing and welcoming break from every day life - no matter where you might be coming from. It's not a question of will I return ... but rather a question of when!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Barcelona
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I arrived at Camellas-Lloret in search of some tranquillity and a break from my hectic life in the city. What I found far exceeded my expectations in every way. I have always preferred unique, personal B&Bs over chain hotels with little personality and Annie and Colin’s place exemplifies the best of what B&B travel can offer. Every little touch had been thought of, from fresh local croissants and a beautifully relaxed playlist at breakfast, to being able to taste the local wines with a private visit to a local winery in the evening. Annie’s design skills make you feel like you’re on the set of a magazine shoot yet very much at home from the moment you walk in the door. If you want to enjoy a true, local experience with hosts who’ll go out of their way to make you feel at home and make the most of your visit to the region, this is the place to come! Montreal is a really special village with so much charm, I have no doubt I will be back and will be recommending a stay here to all my friends and family..

Room Tip: Book ahead as this place will fill up quickly, especially in the peak season!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and 3 teenagers spent 3 nites at this most wonderful B&B. The town is charming, the location very convenient and has something near for everyone Toulouse, La cite, markets, hikes etc The hosts, Annie and Collin, were super...I especially appreciated Annie cooking as well as her thoughtfulness in making dinner reservations for us before I even thought about it! Full service! And the house...was superb in every way...from decor, to comfort. I felt as if I was in my own country home in France! If I have my way we will make this a monthly weekend trip!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Valla, Australia
Reviewed January 30, 2013

In the centre of tiny and ancient Montreal is this gorgeous old warren of a house, lovingly restored and decorated with flair and attention to detail. Linen, towels, matresses, bathroom fittings--everything looks, smells and feels delicious. Annie and Colin were charming and welcoming hosts who did everything they could to help us feel comfortable and to plan the next leg of our journey. We stayed with our two large children who were made to feel completely at home and who had their own, equally luxurious room across the hall from our large room (both with en suite showers, and ours with new, deep bath). The guests' lounge has a good vinyl collection and stereo system, for those of us who like that sort of thing, and Annie's cooking is superb (in my view much, much better than available at the only resturant in the tiny town). Impeccable facilities, reasonable prices and gracious hosts--who could ask for more?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Nages, France
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Beautiful house in the center of a picturesque village. Very cool and comfortable decor as well as as wonderful host .Everything was perfect: the ambience, the size of the room, the food and the music! We had such a lovely stay. I recommend several days to fully enjoy the region and please try the diner there as well!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Chateau de Palaja
Chateau de Palaja
#1 of 1 in Palaja
Hotel La Bastide Saint Martin
Hotel La Bastide Saint Martin
#1 of 39 in Carcassonne
Domaine de la Petite Tour

Been to Camellas-Lloret Maison d'Hote? Share your experiences!