“Creperie in Bram”

La Flibuste
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had an excellent meal here, the welcome was second to none and there is a good selection of Breton style crepes together with beers and ciders from that region. The decor is well thought out and pleasing, the service friendly, efficient and helpful. They even have a menu in English - so what you might say as we can mostly translate cheese, mushrooms etc - but it includes the descriptions of the pirates that the dishes are named for. One word of warning, check the opening hours as they are at present only open 2 hours at lunchtime and evening on Wednesday to Saturday.

The bill is presented in a treasure chest.

An excellent meal and a fun evening. What a shame we left it so late in our holiday to visit!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I enjoy visiting this Breton creperie in the town of Bram. Very friendly owners, nice crepes (big range) and good cider!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I often cower at the thought of themed restaurants, but La Filibuste captured by my tummy and my imagination. The French just have great style - the pirate theme is definite, but very tasteful, and the owners have put a huge amount of thought into the ambience the restaurant creates - right down to the research they've done into the priates that the dishes are named after (if only I could read French better).

The crepes are well balanced - none of this dripping in cheese business - and as a vegetarian I was pleasently surprised that i didn't get the usual look of disbelief when I asked about what certain ingredients were. My sweet crepe was devine, the perfect mix of banana, chocolate sauce and cream. Although I ate heartily, I didn't leave feeling heavy or like I had overindulged.

I had the Clipper appertif and I highly recommend it - the carmel syrup gives it a certain je nes se quoi.

This is a small family run business, and I'd happily go again and again (pity that I live on the other side of the world) - it was the perfect end to a lovely family Christmas holiday in France.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

A welcome addition to the Bram area. La Flibuste offers good food and good value. A range of crepes Breton style, both savoury and sweet together with a choice of beer, wine and cider from Brittany. Very friendly and helpful service with a pirate themed decor satisfied all the diners, including can-be-fussy teenagers. As ex-pats living locally we'll be back again and will be happy to bring our visitors.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

This small creperie, in a village in the Aude near the Canal du Midi, has a relatively modest menu which is distictively Breton. The food is good; the wine, beer and cider all from the Breton region is very drinkable, the service excellent, the owners friendly and the decor on a piracy theme appropriate to the restaurant's name. I did wonder about the derivation of the word Flibuste - the English translation would be 'a freebooter' (a pirate) - a word derived from the Dutch 'vrijbuter'. This eating place is a very short distance from the Canal du Midi and therefore easily accessed by those holidaying in hire boats on the canal.

1  Thank 0707David