“Lovely location and town”

Villas Camino del Mar and Ocean Village
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Having just experienced the town of Manzanillo which I doubt I will every return to, Malaque turned out to be the town I really wanted to visit. A beautiful beach, a peaceful location with mostly unspoilt countryside surrounding the town, friendly locals and Canadians, perfect bliss. We arrived at Villas Camino del Mar and Ocean Village hotel and rented the third floor apartment, with a fantastic view of the beach, the sound of the sea, the shoreline and the associated town. Our apartment was very clean and had a well equipped kitchen with near new appliances, the beds were comfortable and the showers. We had a very enjoyable 3 day stay and also a delicious dinner at “Gi Gi’s”, by the hotel on the beach. The area is frequented by many Canadians who stay for short and long term stays.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank TerryrdBaker

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Gloria is wonderful--such positive attitude. We met several people from Canada who come year after year to this location. That told me something. Unit was clean. Swimming pools clean too. Easy walking distance to main area of Melaque. Right on beach. Sometimes the noise in between main parts of the villas became a little loud, but hey that was mostly car's coming and going after sundown due to the access to the beach. Nice place. Wifi connection available when you are in the lobby. I traded books with the small library they have. I recommend the place if staying in Melaque.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Stefan F
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I have stayed here since 1989 just as the original building was finished. I have never been disappointed. Each year when I return the villas are usually updated with something new. A couple of years ago they added air conditioning. Whatever you need, just ask at the front desk and they will help you with anything they can. This is a very pet friendly hotel, however your pet should not be bothersome to the other guests. They even put up a gate on the door so I could leave my door open and my yorkie couldn't get out. I usually do not eat out but when I do there are several great restaurants. This is not a resort town so it is friendly and receptive.
The villas are clean and nicely furnished and decorated. Sometimes fresh flowers or fresh fruit will show up in your room. I love this place and this year I will be staying for three months.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
8  Thank Jane T
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Not a bad place to stay...... except I got locked in my room for more then 1 hour! Tried to break out with a butter knife and everything.... no one around heard me screaming... no phone to call the front desk. Had to call a local friend to come get my door opened. For the price ... not much was included except tv and cable. Seemed relatively clean. You might want to stay there if you want to be locked away. I recommend it if they check there doors!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank freezingcold
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I cannot stess enough what wonderful service l have recieved from the staff at this hotel. The owner, Gloria, was extremely friendly and very courteous to my friends and I, we were very pleased with the service here. I would highly recommend this hotel, primarely because of the service and cleaninous of this establishment!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank VAQUERO1
Reviewed March 11, 2011

We enjoyed our stay and thought that the manager, Gloria was extremely helpful and gracious.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lostinparidise
Reviewed January 31, 2011

We have been coming here since 1998, usually spending 2-8 weeks each year. My overall rating is excellent even though I can't rate high under the criteria in comparison with fine hotels in major destinations. Hey, this is a Mexican beach town. Oompah bands or loud music from Ava's bar-restaurant will keep you awake some nights. If you want 4-5 star hotels, go to a tourist trap destination. Go to Cancun or Cabo and pretend you're in Mexico.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in San Patricio
Cabo Blanco Hotel
Cabo Blanco Hotel
#1 of 12 in Barra de Navidad

Been to Villas Camino del Mar and Ocean Village? Share your experiences!