“Quiet, conveniently located, everything provided.”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
sgn1
California
“Quiet, conveniently located, everything provided.”
Reviewed August 9, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

My husband and I spent five days in the apartment. We were met at the Arsenale water taxi stop by a helpful young lady who conducted us to the apartment, which is tricky to find at first so we were very grateful for her help. The location is excellent -- it's close to all the main attractions and, perhaps best of all, less than one minute from Jonny's Trattoria, where we dined every night (more on that in a separate review). The apartment was spacious, if a little dark, and comfortable; a little outside seating area would have been an added bonus. The apartment was very clean and well supplied with linens and towels; the furnishings were an unusual and eclectic collection. The owner was very gracious and allowed us to overstay by several hours on the final day, in order to save us having to tote our luggage around with us . There are two well-stocked grocery stores within a very short walk. I would recommend this apartment without hesitation.

Michelle...
Seattle, Washington
“My home in Venice”
Reviewed July 8, 2015 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

I should have written this review some time ago as it is really nearly three years since my first stay in Nov/Dec 2012. I didn't write it because I wanted time for objectivity. I didn't want to "gush". I have stayed here twice, each time for a month or more...always in winter for my December birthday.
The host Guy/Guido is charming and very responsive to any questions or requests. The apartment is even nicer in person than it appears in pictures. The kitchen although small is well equipped and I cooked more there than at home. I covet the lovely gas range. The bathroom has a washing/drying machine so you can do laundry (yes, on vacation). The water pressure in the shower is excellent (I know that's important to some). And the king bed in the bedroom is comfortable with just the right amount of firmness. I didn't sleep on the pull out sofa so can't attest to the comfort of that.
The view out the windows is directly on to a lovely canal and a gondolier has taken to using it so you will have that view every once in a while.
Although it is close to everything it is still very quiet and peaceful in a local neighborhood. It took me 10 to 15 minutes to walk to Piazza San Marco but then I tend to meander along and stop to take photos. I'm sure Guy could walk it in five taking the same route. The Punto supermercato is a five minute or less walk away where you can get everything you need. There is a folder on the table with maps and restaurant recommendations (which are excellent) and one of the recommended ones has moved since I was there to right over the Ponti dei Scudi (Da Jonny) per my friend who had a wonderful meal there.
Do I love this apartment? Yes, I would live there if I could.
You can view my pictures of the apartment here:
It will be sometime until I can return but would stay in this apartment again in a heartbeat!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The atmosphere of feeling at home in Venice.
Liked least: Having to leave!
Traveling group: Solo
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Traveller...
Toronto, ON, Canada
“Excellent in every respect!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed here for 3 nights from Jul 12-15 as a party of 2 adults and 2 children.

We chose this apt based on location, air conditioning, and free wifi.

We stayed at the apt on Calle dei Scudi. It's in a residential area about 10 min walk to Piazza San Marco. Everything is in easy walking distance including the vaporetto stop (Arsenale) (5 mins) and the supermarket (5 mins).

The air conditioning is not central but a separate unit that needs to be vented through a window. It can be moved from the living area to the bedroom. It worked well.

The wifi was excellent with few dropped connections and excellent signal strength. With easy access to the modem, any issue could be easily resolved by rebooting the modem.

We arrived via train and were given excellent directions to take the vaporetto. We were given a number to call while on the vaporetto and were met at the vaporetto stop and taken to the apt. It was a confusing 5 min walk over some bridges (steps). The apt is on the ground floor so once we arrived there weren't any more steps.

The rep was very helpful, showing us the apt, giving us a map and noting our location and the location of several supermarkets. She also advised us various ways to get to the airport when we left. She said we could call her if we had any questions. There was also a very helpful booklet outlining details of the apt and specifics of how to use various appliances.

The apt consists of an entryway, a main room, a kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. There is a hallway between the main room and bedroom which makes the apt feel much larger. The decor is lovely with bookshelves lined w books and dictionaries, a curio cabinet w masks and Pinocchio like dolls and glass works, and a grandfather clock. The sofa in the main area and the furniture in the bedroom look to be period pieces or nice replicas.

There is a sofa bed in the entry way. Our kids aged 10 and 8 slept here and did not complain.

The main room has a sofa, large round table w 4 chairs, and a TV and DVD player.

The kitchen is fully stocked w full size stove and oven, full size fridge, microwave, double sinks, lots of cooking pots and pans and utensils, and lots of dishes. There was an espresso pot, tea pot, and I believe kettle and French press. Previous guests left behind salt and olive oil which was lovely. We made omelettes for breakfast every day as well as cooking a supper and lunch.

The bathroom had a toilet, bidet, sink, shower stall, washer/dryer, and some cabinetry. There was a hair dryer in the cabinet. The shower stall was a reasonable size and there was ample hot water and good pressure. It was hard to keep the water temp consistent and it switched from hot to cold without prompting. We did a load in the washer/dryer and it took 4 hours and the load was still damp dry. I tried to run just the dryer and wasn't able to without errors and the load ending up soaking wet. After multiple tries we just air dried the load.

The bedroom was lovely. There was a large bed, at least queen size, a sitting area w 2 lovely arm chairs, another arm chair, and cabinetry stocked w extra duvets. There was also a safe deposit box but there wasn't a key and it wasn't bolted to anything so we didn't use it. There were two windows with shutters directly overlooking the canal.

Towels were provided but there wasn't any service (room making or towel exchange) during our stay.

Unfortunately another group was coming in after us so we weren't able to have a late check-out and we also weren't able to store our luggage anywhere.

Overall this was the nicest place we stayed in Italy (compared to 4 other places) and we felt it was the best value. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would totally recommend it as a great place from which to explore Venice. Although I don't think I would use the washer and dryer again and would head to a laundromat instead.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location; the large size of the apt; the decor of the apt
Liked least: Not able to store luggage; washer/dryer did not work as expected
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Lincolnshire
Reviewed July 4, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and character of property
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Judith625
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Delightful apartment beside bridge over canal”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

We enjoyed our stay enormously. The apartment is conveniently situated in a quiet area with shops and restaurants nearby. It is spacious, clean and stylish with a very comfortable bed in the bedroom. It suited the two of us very well, but had we been a party of four I do not think I would like to have been accommodated in the sofa bed which is in an alcove opposite the front door with very little space around it and no convenient storage space, though it is quite private. Agata of True Venice was very helpful and pleasant.

Your age range 65+
Avignon, France
Reviewed February 27, 2014 for a stay in November 2013

PatAustra...
Australia
“An oasis in busy Venice”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

We chose the Old Monastery because it was beside a canal and the price was reasonable. What we got was much much more. A quiet, beautifully arranged and clean apartment with all facilities, in a part of Venice that is far from the maddening crowds - Arsenale. It is the site of the Biennale and there were beautiful and interesting art installations within walking distance, a local market, lovely cheap and also upmarket restaurants where locals rather than tourists ate, and plenty of tiny little streets to explore. Coming back to the apartment at the end of the day was delightful - warm, cosy, washing machine, comfortable bed, perfect fast wifi and equipped kitchen. We could not have asked for more and we highly recommend it to anyone visiting Venice.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, bed, wifi
Liked least: took a while to work out the hot water and humidifier
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing