“Excellent Overall”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Marco
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Conveniently placed between the Academia and St. Mark. this small restaurant was outstanding. Well outstanding is not the correct word, it will not be an "unforgettable food experience", but you will find there professional waiters, good family food, reasonably priced. What else may you ask for in Venezia?

Reviewed January 14, 2013

It can be hard to eat in Venice, a lot of the restaurants have pushy waiters stationed outside telling you how great the chef is and what good value they offer, but I'll never eat anywhere I'm forced into.. Then there are the cheaper cafe style places, the majority these seem to have been taken over by the Chinese, I have nothing against the Chinese, I love their food, but when I'm in Italy I want Italian food prepared by Italians.

Which brings me to Le Cafe, which serves the perfect blend of locals and tourists, the staff are courteous and efficient, take the time to chat to them and thy will open up and explain what's on offer and what's good.

You must try their hot chocolate which is simply the best I've ever had, the crepes are to die for and if you want something more hearty they'll do that too (The pizza isn't great, but you can't have it all!!)

The best thing about Le Cafe however is the staff, they are a lovely bunch of people who I hope to meet again, they made my visit to Venice stress free knowing that I could get a good meal in warm comfortable surroundings at any time.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Located on Campo Santo Stefano we discovered this very pleasant "Bar, Tea room restaurant "
with an open terrace extending on the " Campo" .
Food being served and presented was most appetizing and we went there twice for an afternoon collation. We recommend their crepes.
Excellent service by middleage waiters very efficient and courteous. Many locals attending which is always a good indication

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We wandered into Campo San Stefano on an exceptionally warm day at the end of December and discovered tables out in the campo packed with people happily drinking coffee and eating. We sat inside and had one of the best lunches we've had in Venice, which on the whole hasn't given us the best meals we've had while traveling. I have never seen waiters as hard working but efficient and gracious. The crepes are excellent, the sea bass Mediterranean style was delicious. And the latte. . . . delicious. We liked Le Cafe so much we returned the next day. And we'll go back....

1  Thank travelingrudy
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stopped for a coffee after a long day walking around this beautiful city. Nice place. Please try the Spitzer, marvelous drink, so italian.