“My favorite hotel in Venice”

Hotel Pesaro Palace
Ranked #115 of 501 Hotels in City of Venice
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have visited Venice on nine trips and stayed near Giardini, Sant'Elena, San Marco, Castello, and now Cannaregio. I booked my trip through booking.com and even with a rate that allowed cancellation, I thought it to be extraordinarily affordable considering Venetian hotel prices and the great reviews. I can say without any question that this is my favorite hotel in Venice and one of my two favorite hotels in the world, the other being the Myconian Imperial Resort and Spa on Mykonos.

Shortly before my trip, I wrote to their email address in Italian asking if it would be possible to have a room with a canal view (I had paid for a superior double for one person) and to get in a bit early. I received a lovely email from Sra. Valentina Giola, who assured me she would do everything in her power to get me such a room along with early entry. She was not there when I arrived, but the wonderful and effusive staff at the desk seemed to be expecting me and they told me I had a wonderful room ready for me. This was putting it mildly!

When I entered my room on the fourth floor, I was stunned. I had two windows looking directly out on the Grand Canal as well as another in the corner next to one of the windows. The walls are gold brocade and the furnishings typical Renaissance Venetian -- luxurious to make up for the often spare exteriors and geographic limits of the city. The bed was not only beautiful but one of the most comfortable I have slept in in any hotel. There were wall paintings (by Canaletto?), beautiful mirrors, plenty of space for hanging clothes and multiple drawers, as well as a stocked minibar. The furniture was antique in both the bedroom area and the bathroom. You can't see it from my bathroom photo but besides the jacuzzi and sink there is also a shower, toilet and bidet.

Some have complained about wifi reception. I never had a problem once I figured out to turn off my browser before letting my computer go to sleep. Then it automatically connected to the hotel's service and I had excellent service. The Pesaro Palace is right next to Ca' d'Oro, and literally at the Ca' d'Oro Vaporetto stop. You get off, walk a few paces, and turn into the courtyard and you're there. It is only four stops from Piazzale Roma, where you get off the bus from the airport.

This is a truly magnificent hotel. The staff was great, and the only possible deficit was that sometimes I wanted to stay in my room the whole time and just sit at the corner windows and look out on the canal, especially at night. I'd give the hotel ten stars if I could.

Room Tip: Try writing ahead and asking for a room with a Grand Canal View.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ProfT

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We managed to book this hotel because we got a promo offer. We spent a great time here. The hotel staff was very friendly and very nice. As a complementary trip we were booked to go to Murano to explore their glass making factory there. The taxi was exclusive for the two of us only and it was a nice 20 min ride in a small boat. The only thing is that we had to pay our way back to Venice, which is ok but we weren't informed in advanced. Otherwise, the hotel was very clean, the breakfast buffet service was good, not great but at least we had something to eat before heading to explore the town. I truly recommend this hotel. The location was excellent and just outside was a taxi, bus stop so you could take the bus when heading to explore other parts of the city. Which after a while it was easier to use.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaquelita
Reviewed January 22, 2013

What a gem of a hotel! Could not have chosen a better location. Ten steps from the ca d'oro stop on the beautiful Grand Canal in the most beautiful of cities. Helpful and friendly reception, good choice of breakfast, luxurious rooms. Would I stay there again? Most definitely.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maria N
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Though stayed here for 1 night only, was deeply impressed!
Had a last minute reservation with a fair price and got a huge, room with over-the-shoulder view of the canal. Located at the water bus deck of Ca d'Oro - very convenient when arriving from the ground bus station.
The decor is the best - good taste Venetian Renaissance: dark walls, huge chandelier and golder mirror over the bed. (The only downfall was the plastic stool in the bath tab...)
Staff was useful and elegant.
Breakfast was surprisingly rich and generous, a lot of fresh fruits and pastry... the machine coffee was disappointing.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side view the canal
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank FionaIsrael
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Hotel Pesaro Palace was our first stop on our 25th wedding anniversary trip to Italy. We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights - May 26th through 28th, 2012. We had a beautiful, spacious and stunningly appointed room on the main floor overlooking the outdoor sitting area on the Grand Canal. The service was excellent. The room was very peaceful with a very comfortable bed. Breakfasts were wonderful.Outstanding restaurant right across the street. I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marilyn F
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Had a fabulous 3 nights here in mid December. It is beautifully appointed and in a great location right on the Grand Canal. The rooms and public areas are spacious and well decorated. We had a room overlooking the garden and the canal. It was excellent value and a fabulous place to come back to to relax before going out again. December was a great time to be in Venice, with the Christmas decorations and shop windows, people dressed in their fur coats and absolutely no queues for anything.
Paola on reception was an absolute gem, and helped us with the Interpreti Veneziani booking (well worth going to) and with other information. Breakfast was extremely good, and a pleasant breakfast room. Loved the chandeliers and the large lounge on the first floor.
Yes, the Internet can be slow but it seems to be a Venice problem, not the hotel, as we always had a good connection to the router (and reviews from many other good Venice hotels make the same complaint)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leannenz
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I and my girlfriend have passed a very good moment at this hotel .We had a beautiful superior room with a superb view on the Grand Canal . Excellent and discrete location in Venise , we are sure we will come back .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jessy A