“Vegatarian breakfast - no problem!”

The Broadway Tearooms and Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Reefton
Cuisines: European
Description: Excellent breakfast and coffee, good value for money. Free internet
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Vegatarian breakfast - no problem!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were heading from Westport to Hokitika, and called into Reefton for a look around breakfast.
I'd read about the Tea Rooms in my slightly out of date Lonely Planet book.
We had a gentle wander up the main street and saw the tea rooms, it was very busy, but then it was a Public holiday Sunday and looked really nice.
Despite being busy we were served super quick, my partner is a vegetarian and as there was no set veggie breakfast the friendly helpful man behind the counter altered the standard 'All Day Breakfast' to suit. I opted for the bacon and scrambled eggs.
I ordered a flat white and my partner went with English Breakfast tea.
Our drinks arrived quickly, and to my partners delight there were 2 tea bags in his pot!
We were midway through writing our postcards, and our breakfasts arrived - very impressed!
Presented beautifully. My scrambled eggs were light and the bread was perfect.
My other half loved the fact everything on his plate was grilled and not fried. The gentleman from behind the counter, came to check everything was alright with our orders and said that that would be added to the menu as a vegetarian option! Awesome :)
We also mentioned we were off to Hokitika and he kindly gave us some suggestions for places to visit. No WC on site but there are public loos practically next door.
My scrambled eggs and bacon was $12.90 and the Veggie Breakfast was $19.90.
Overall a great experience, nice surroundings, friendly and helpful staff.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Efc101

Christchurch, New Zealand
“So-so”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Overall this place was ok. It happened to be the only place open when we came through so didn't have any choice. Terrible coffee but the cabinet food was tasty enough.

Visited April 2014
“Great Hot Cross Buns and Coffee”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Stopped off in Reefton on the way to Franz Josef. Great coffee, friendly staff and fantastic homemade hot cross buns. What more could you want over an Easter weekend. Highly recommend.

Visited April 2014
Nelson, New Zealand
“friendly staff”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

yummy food and huge sellection, coffee was great and im fussy with coffee.
great little book store next door and art gallery on otherside

Visited March 2014
Iowa City, IA
“Iced chai nice”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The warm staff made it a nice place to land, read the paper, and rest a spell. Seemed to be a place that locals of all ages stopped to visit. Airy and comfortable!

• Visited February 2014