“Incredibly helpful, just what I needed.”

The Broadway Tearooms and Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Reefton
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Excellent breakfast and coffee, good value for money. Free internet
Wellington, New Zealand
“Incredibly helpful, just what I needed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

These guys were wonderful, I turned up as a very cold and wet cyclist with no other real facilities open in Reefton and they took me in. Had several excellent cups of coffee, good pies and sausage rolls and a cronut (way above trend there).

Then I went onto pots of tea of which they make an excellent one. I was there till after 6 waiting for a lift and they ensured that I wasn't going anywhere but was going to be warm and safe. Really lovely chat from them too, just proving that sometimes you just land on your feet and run into the right people.

Many thanks for your help and any time I'm in Reefton I'll be dropping in.

• Visited October 2013

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Best breakfast for miles around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Friendly, flexible, and good home-cooked food. I have to say more - so I'll repeat what I said at the beginning. Opens early, so why cook your own?

Visited October 2013
Western Australia
“Pricey, but yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I write this mostly on behalf of my husband, seeing as he tasted multiple items from this bakery...We have an excellent bakery back home, and have visited many since arriving in New Zealand, so we have set the standard pretty high when it comes to bakery food. Reefton's bakery was so good, however, that my husband actually declared it to be better than the one back home! It's not particularly cheap, but you get decent portion sizes, and great taste! I had a pie, and it had buttery, flaky pastry and good filling. Glad we stopped by.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank lukeandlisa
Hobart, Australia
“Time Less Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

First visited here 23 years ago - it hasn't changed a bit - a classic Kiwi country town tea room - sure beats those sub-sub-Subways. The cake cabinet is a high calory, cream-filled work of edible art . Correction: things have changed - they have now got WiFi

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank pommesfrite
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great tea rooms!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

This place is a great place to stop and refuel from driving, I wouldn't bother stopping in springs junction for food as this place is way better by miles. The food cabinet is well stocked with everything you'd expect from a good country village tea rooms, they even had a really friendly cat that was quite happy to watch us eat and Waite to get a pat from us. Defiantly worth a stop if your hungry or need a hot drink.

• Visited June 2013