“Visited the restaurant.”

Rancho El Sobrino Curacao
Florida, Cuba
“Visited the restaurant.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here, we were the only ones there at that time which made it a very quiet n relaxing experience. The decor is appealing to the eye. The food was good. We were happy to find this place because there are not a lot of food places open early in that vicinity. A large group people arrived when we were heading out. I can imagine service would have been way slower if the resto was packed. We got lucky I guess. Clean restrooms.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank cubanpearl

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Loved the place; it may not be right by the beach, but it has a great cost-benefit ratio. The staff was very cordial and helpful, and even though we had an issue with our booking through Decolar.com they helped us resolve it quickly through email long before we got there, so we had no issues. The restaurant is pretty good as well, and stays open until late, unlike a lot of the other places nearby. We have no complaints at all, and will certainly be back when we visit Curaçao again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Westpunt, Curacao
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed at the Rancho to visit attractions and go swimming and snorkeling in the western part of Curacao. We found the rooms very convenient, AC, kitchen, TV and WLAN available in good quality, AC was very quiet. The owner, front office and maids were very friendly and helpful. The (sweet water) pool is sometimes a good alternative to the salty sea. What we liked most is the authentic and quiet atmosphere at the Rancho during all the time we stayed there. The most beautiful beaches are nearby (though you'll definitely need a rental car or at least a bike). There are some attractions in the region: Visit Shete Boca, Christoffel park, Watamula to experience the nature in this dry region. Landhuises Knip and Savonet are the only exhibitions as far as we know. Also there are a few good restaurants in Westpunt (including the Rancho's own).

Room Tip: Rancho apartments have little sea view compared to the BlueView apartments, but Rancho's houses...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights. It's a nice place. Location is good. We enjoyed having our own kitchen, but the food in the restaurant is very nice as well. Rooms are basic, but good. We had a large colony of ants, but well it's the tropics. Most people from the staff where nice and helpful.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I spent a week in a one-bedroom apartment at the Blue View Apartments owned by and near Rancho El Sobrino.

The apartment is basic and clean and spacious, with an amazing view from a large balcony overlooking the sea on a small cliff. The area is quiet and away from stores and restaurants and night life. I had a rental car included in my room, which was perfect for visiting many nearby beaches and getting groceries when needed (a bit of a drive away.) The kitchen was well-equipped, with a gas stovetop, fridge, coffee maker, toaster, kettle and dishes, but no microwave.

The air conditioner worked well, bathroom was fine with a very good pressure shower. TV was very small but served its purpose for a few evenings before bed.

I enjoyed watching the iguanas below, around and on my balcony. There was usually always one around somewhere, but I found they are very common all over the island. A few sand fleas and mosquitoes bit me on the balcony and inside, but I survived.

Being in a one bedroom, I had a room above me and heard quite a bit of noise of the tenants upstairs walking around. Wasn't usually too annoying, but always present.

The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful at Rancho El Sobrino. The resort was a short walk (5 minutes) down the road and I'd usually take a stroll in the evenings for dinners and to use the wi-fi.

I will definitely return as I enjoyed being away from it all, and feeling like I was living with the locals on Curacao. Definitely not a fancy big resort type feel at all. Perfect!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dustykatt
Leuv
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Unfortunately I had to cancel my trip to Curacao because I was very ill. On top of that I had no insurance for the studio ( I did for the flight-tickets) which I booked via Booking.com
The hotelmanager could charge the full 665 USD as indicated on booking.com, but he/she didn't. I was charged for 720 EUR! Together with Booking.com I have to sort that out.
A nice bonus. I'm pretty sure the studio was hired in the days afterwards, but ok.
I want to share this info to the tripadvisors community, because also this incident gives you an idea, how the hotel is managed and acts in this kind of circumstances.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ranbi, Manager at Rancho El Sobrino Curacao, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear sir,
you have booked a week stay through booking.com from Feb 10-17, the Carnival week, the highest season next to Christmas, when everything is fully booked. With your booking at booking.com you have clearly agreed to our cancellation policy which is displayed to everybody:
Cancellation: If cancelled up to 14 days before date of arrival, 25 percent of the total price of the reservation will be charged. If cancelled later or in case of no-show, 100 percent of the total price of the reservation will be charged. The amount of your booking was USD 665 excl 7% tax. Furthermore did you contact us on Jan 07 to book a small car for you which we did with a third party and confirmed back to you on Jan 8. On the day of arrival, on Feb 10 you sent us an email, that you are sick and cannot travel. So we explained to you that you are a No Show, as called in hotel business and that we have to charge you all the service you have booked as stated in our booking policies. We are sorry that you could not travel and we hope you get better soon.
NL
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was an excellent choice, great location , wonderful views . The studio is well equiped and has a large balcony . Very quiet area which was perfect for us, however not for those looking for nightlife .
The staff at Rancho el Sobrino were extremely helpful ( with one exception ).
We would certainly recommend Blue View and hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: The 1st floor studio is far superior to the one below , and we felt superior to the one bedroom appa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ranbi, Manager at Rancho El Sobrino Curacao, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hi Miezi,
we are happy you have enjoyed your stay and will be happy to have you back here anytime soon. Greetings from the team at Rancho El Sobrino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sabana Westpunt
#1 of 6 in Sabana Westpunt
Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club
Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club
#1 of 1 in Sabana Westpunt

Been to Rancho El Sobrino Curacao? Share your experiences!