All reviews kura hulanda lodge dive shop ocean view beautiful location all inclusive package water shoes sister hotel free shuttle rooms are nice dive trip sol food living room playa kalki beach chairs rented a car west end sea turtles
Selected filters
Reviewed March 19, 2019

i stayed at this resort, primarily because of the diving. The staff are fantastic..Aldrin, you helped me out so many times! Thank you again for all you did for me. thanks to the young ladies/ man that kept my beer mug full, and the great chefs that always had yummy things to eat. The resort is not for those looking for a party scene, but is a wonderfully quiet place. I was in a garden view room, that had a small patio, but i only used the room for sleeping, and was not worried about a view. the room was always clean, and i had fresh towels daily. There are a lot of stairs to and from the beach, but it is all well worth it for the excellent snorkelling right off the beach. the only thing i can say is the website says no adapters needed for the outlets, but adapters are needed. The desk does have some to sell...but if you can, bring your own. I spent a lot of my time at the dive shop that is close to the resort, and found the staff there to be awesome as well. Thanks again to all the wonderful staff that made my trip.

Room tip: . garden view rooms , lower rooms had 1 king bed, or two double beds. all had A/C. most had at least one step up off the path to the deck.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Nirmala P, Public Relations Manager at Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club (All Inclusive), responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2019

Good day Joy,

Thank you for sharing your experience while on vacation at the Kura Hulanda Lodge.

We are glad to hear that you had a great time and that our employees took good care during your stay ,especially Aldrin,and we will share your comments with our staff.

Our garden view rooms are quiet and private , and indeed being in such a wonderful location , the only thing you need is a clean and nice room , as most of the time you will be enjoying the nature and its setting anyways.

We have a unique location for snorkeling, and it wonderful to hear that the staff at the dive shop accommodated your as well.

Again thanks for your comments and we are looking forwards in welcoming you back at our hotel in the near future.

Warm regards

Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

This lodge was less than impressive. My wife and I have stayed at a number of “all-inclusive” resorts in the Caribbean and this one was by far the least impressive. One restaurant and food was basically the same options for breakfast, lunch and dinner each day with a few small modifications. Snacks at the bar between meals were edible, but straight out of the microwave. Bar ran out of the islands blue Curacao trademark liquor more than once. Wouldn’t think it would be hard to keep a product made only a few miles away in stock at all times. No fridge or kitchenette in room like was stated on website. Hairdryer in room is by request and requires a $50 deposit and comes with US style plug which doesn’t fit the $5 adapters they sell you. I’ll admit, that was partially my fault for poor planning and not bringing my own adapters, but in my defense, all websites I researched before the trip stated US style outlets through the island. The ceiling fan did not work in the room. One day there was a light rain for half an hour. The rain shorted out the electrical and knocked out the power to whole room for half the day. The place has great potential and I think when it was built it was likely pretty nice. It is obvious that they have stopped putting a lot of money into the place as many areas a short distance from the lobby were not kept up well, uneven walkways, overgrown weeds, many with thorns. Pool not well maintained. WiFi in public areas only, which I knew beforehand, but with no nightlife, would’ve been nice to have in-room WiFi. I could go on more, but I think this gets the point across. Of course the pictures I will post are nice because those are the parts I choose to remember.

Good points: beautiful beach with great view and nice snorkeling/scuba right off the beach. Most staff friendly but mostly did bare minimum. Debra the housekeeper was fantastic!!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Nirmala P, Guest Relations Manager at Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club (All Inclusive), responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2019

Dear guest,

Our hotel is a 3 star all -inclusive Lodge type hotel.
Guest that visit the Lodge come to relax, enjoy diving and enjoy the nature, and love the simply back to nature feeling.

We charge guests indeed a deposit of US $ 50, 00 , that is posted on the room of the guests and only charged when this is not returned.
In various hotels items or deposit are posted on guests rooms and when the items are returned the charges removed.

It it unfortunately that you experience the inconvenience while you were on property,.

We do take all complaints of guests seriously, that's the reason all guest receive a welcome letter in 3 language upon check-in.
In the letter is stated that they can contact the manager on duty when they need any assistance or have any complaints while on property so corrective actions can be taken immediately.

We do not have any record of your comments, so we could get the opportunity to accommodate /solve the complaints during your stay.

Hoping to have informed you accordingly we remain,

Reviewed February 26, 2019

My sister and I had an amazing time. We were able to wake up in Villa room and see the ocean. The sound of the birds woke us up in the morning. The staff did accommodate our food request when we asked for seafood to be added to the food selection. Playa Kalki beach was breathtaking and there was a dive shop on the beach. There is a great cave that has water that flows in it. You must explore the grounds to see the hidden gems. There is a sister hotel in the city and we were able to take a free shuttle to visit Willemstad. The distillery in the city was close to the downtown. The staff assisted us when we wanted to rent a car to see all the amazing beaches in the area. They were useful in letting us know what beaches were along the way to see the flamingoes. We were able to swim with the Sea Turtles, go to various beaches, jump off the 40ft cliff at Playa Forti and snorkel at Lagun Beach.

Room tip: Luxury Villas should be chosen if you are not a fan of lizards.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank 399tiat
Nirmala P, Guest Relations Manager at Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club (All Inclusive), responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your vacation.

Curacao is a destination were one has to go and explore, like you mentioned, there are are a lot of hidden gems to discover.
Renting a car is a must when you want to enjoy the max of the attractions on the island.

Our Island is a destination for a diversified markets; the adventurous, the sea/ animal lovers, the divers, the shopper or just the ones who just want to do nothing and relax.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we therefore are looking forward in welcoming you back in the near future back to our Island and to Kura Hulanda Lodge

warm regards

Reviewed February 20, 2019 via mobile

Amazing vacation in this hotel. The area of the hotel is beautiful and staff are really helpful and accomodating. Especially our thanks belong to Mariolie, she’s great and the most willing person . The ocean view suitas are very nice, spacious and clean. I must admit I had been concerned when reading some negative reviews here before we visited the hotel. But I dont really understand those negative reviews. The truth is the tennis court and gym are outdated but I believe they do their best to improve it. However the most important is positive attitude of personnel, beautiful hotel environment, room and delicious food and drinks. Moreover this place is located in calm area, thus is real paradise. Thank you guys from Kura Hulanda for making our holiday perfect.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Milan P
Nirmala P, Guest Relations Manager at Kura Hulanda Lodge & Beach Club (All Inclusive), responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2019

Good day Milan,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us while staying at the Kura Hulanda Lodge.

The Lodge is located in a unique setting and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
We will share your comments to Marjolie and the other staff as well.

Looking forward in welcoming you in the near future again to stay with us.

warm regards

Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

I would like to recommend Kura Hulanda Lodge (all inclusive resort), on the westpoint of Curaçao.

As I arrived from my 12 hour plane ride, from Germany, it was very hot in Curaçao, as I booked the all inclusive package, the shuttle, alltours was my airport transportation to and from the Kura Hulanda Lodge, with a sign upon your arrival with your last name and from the company. The taxi driver Ylonka she greeted me with a cold bottle of water as I arrived to the hot weather, one needs a bottle of water upon arrival.

Upon my arrival to the Kura Hulanda Lodge Resort. I was greeted with a smile and welcome letter from Ruth, the Hotel Front desk Manager, and also with a Blue Curaçao complimentary drink from the island, which is really tasty and blue like the ocean Caribbean water. Ruth is also great with connecting outside transportation to Klein Curaçao, which is an inhibited insel 45mins away on boat and please inquire about any last minute soviners you wish to locate upon departing, she is an expert at putting your needs first and asking everyday, how your stay, your sleep and concerns as well.

Hotel Manager Jansson, was also very friendly, and open to any concerns you may have at the resort and the food is also delicious, I compliment how great the seafood soup was and the chef was the next day making it again upon my request. The hotel staff is very friendly and you are able to know everyone name.

I recommend Kura Hulanda Lodge, because it's all year warm, out of the eye of the hurricane, a Dutch Insel which welcomes all languages including Dutch, Deutsch, Spanish, English and the island mixed Pepimiento, (hopefully I spelled that correctly).

I am in love with the island as to me it is a hidden jewel in the Caribbean, with beautiful blue ocean saltwater, and you may stumble upon the Pet Iguana at the resort, why because this is their habitat and if you are lucky like me you may catch a video or photos, but they are mostly afraid of us.

I will be back as I felt safe, even in the city or at night around the resort security is always around, being also welcomed and greeted with friendly smiles always made me feel like home, and yes I will be back.

Atyia Seck

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Seckdeutschland

Dear guest

Thank you for recommending and sharing your experiences while staying at the Kura hulanda Lodge.
Ruth indeed ensures that guest enjoys their stay by accommodating and assisting them to the max.

We will share your experience with our staff and hoping to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards.