TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great Diving Experience, Amazing Dive Instructor Jill!

Background: Zero diving experience looking to get scuba certified open water from an affordable and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
randybentwicks
San Francisco, California
Go West for the best diving!

Our trip to Go West Diving in September was our first of many trips to come in Curacao. My... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $85.00
from $65.00
from $75.00
More Info
All reviews alice in wonderland dive shop plane wreck black sand beach the blue room playa kalki snorkel trip sol food boat captain rinse tanks kura hulanda lodge lion fish a great week surface interval great house reef experienced divers rental gear
Selected filters
Reviewed September 1, 2019

We stayed at the nearby Kura Hulanda Lodge and felt at home at Go West from the moment we first went there. We did our first dives for 14 years here, after a long break to bring up kids, etc. We were delighted with the experience and came back to Go West to do our final dive of the holiday. The house reef is great and there's plenty to see. The staff are superb (thank you Julie, Jill, Floris and Rob!). Would highly recommend, even if we want to keep Go West all to ourselves!

Date of experience: August 2019
FlorisGV, Front Office at GO WEST Diving, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2019

Hello Mark,

We are thrilled you have enjoyed your dives with us, again! :)
We hope you will take your kids diving with us soon again, the water will be warm and waiting for you!

Reviewed August 16, 2019 via mobile

My girlfriend & I selected Go West for our recent Curaçao dive vacation based on on-line reviews & the fact we were staying at a condo in nearby Lagun. We weren’t disappointed with our choice. We pre-paid for 5 days of AM 2-tank boat dives with nitrox & took tanks with us most days for PM shore diving. The Go West staff & divemasters were friendly, courteous & competent. My only suggestion is for Go West to put a dive shop direction sign up on the main road near the cemetery to help direct divers to the shop on their first visit. Other than locating the dive shop initially, we thoroughly enjoyed our diving experience with Go West. I suspect you will to.

Date of experience: August 2019
FlorisGV, Front Office at GO WEST Diving, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

Hello Dave!

We are happy you have enjoyed your diving!
Glad we didn't disappoint you ;) We will have a look in placing a road near the main road, we do have one on the road to playa Kalki of course, but suggestions like these always come in handy!

We hope to see you again, anytime soon!

Reviewed August 3, 2019

I went diving with a few different dive shops, primarily because I wanted a mix of shore diving and boat diving. I chose Go West because I wanted to do Watamula specifically and went on their Best of the West trip.

Overall, I thought it was a great experience but it is worth noting that I think this is a better dive shop for an experienced diver. Unlike my experiences with the other operators, they really left it to me to assemble gear, there was no buddy check, and there was minimal supervision in the water (e.g. they stayed as a group but you monitored your own air and came up to do your safety stop individually as you ran low on air).

They were safe so no concerns and I had a great time but I call this out as if you are a new diver, some options take out much smaller groups (We were about 12), and are constantly checking your air, and if you are okay etc. This is not the case with this group - which I think is a benefit to an experienced diver, but maybe less so if you are still new.

The boat experience was great - bigger vessel so smooth ride out and back, the gear was in good condition and the dive sites were fabulous.

So I'd recommend it and I had a great time.

Hello Shivani!

Thank you very much for your review, we are glad you have taken the time for it!

I has not been our intention to make you feel like we are better for experienced divers only, since we also educate people on diving. However, on a couple of things you are right: We do not do the buddy check with people, that is their own responsibility on the boat. Our divemasters always check on you, and are there to help you either above or below the surface, in case anyone needs assistance with setting up gear, we are happy to help.
But, don't forget that that is the divers own equipment (even if it's hired).

in case we have 'new divers' we will always pay more attention. However, most divers don't like it if we ask them every 5 minutes if they are okay, so we just look after them :).

We hope to see you soon,

have a great day,

Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

First I need to say that I am not a strong swimmer. I was the only one in the group with a life vest and pool noodle. This excursion was not for me. My husband loved it. I did not appreciate the blue room cave as I could not dive under water. He did get some amazing shots. I gave it only 4 stars because communication with the office was not the greatest. My emails went unanswered. But my husband did get a delayed response.

Date of experience: July 2019
FlorisGV, Front Office at GO WEST Diving, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2019

Hi Robyn,

Thank you very much for your review! We hope you still have enjoyed the trip itself, we have seen quite a lot that day!
We have had some issues with our email server, where incoming mails came through, but outgoing mails were not able to go through... Unfortunately! However, we have seen you :) So that's all good!

We hope to see you any time soon again, we are always open to accommodate everyone on the trip, so please don't feel bad about anything :)

Reviewed July 16, 2019 via mobile

Great experience with Jill our dive master. We saw amazing coral and an octopus (check off on bucket list), seahorse and some trumpet fish.

Date of experience: July 2019
FlorisGV, Front Office at GO WEST Diving, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2019

Hi Kim,

We are glad you have enjoyed your diving with us! We hope to see you again, any time soon!