TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great Diving Experience, Amazing Dive Instructor Jill!

Background: Zero diving experience looking to get scuba certified open water from an affordable and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
randybentwicks
San Francisco, California
Go West for the best diving!

Our trip to Go West Diving in September was our first of many trips to come in Curacao. My... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $85.00
from $65.00
from $75.00
More Info
All reviews alice in wonderland dive shop plane wreck black sand beach the blue room playa kalki snorkel trip sol food boat captain rinse tanks kura hulanda lodge lion fish a great week surface interval great house reef experienced divers rental gear
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2019

I went diving with a few different dive shops, primarily because I wanted a mix of shore diving and boat diving. I chose Go West because I wanted to do Watamula specifically and went on their Best of the West trip.

Overall, I thought it was a great experience but it is worth noting that I think this is a better dive shop for an experienced diver. Unlike my experiences with the other operators, they really left it to me to assemble gear, there was no buddy check, and there was minimal supervision in the water (e.g. they stayed as a group but you monitored your own air and came up to do your safety stop individually as you ran low on air).

They were safe so no concerns and I had a great time but I call this out as if you are a new diver, some options take out much smaller groups (We were about 12), and are constantly checking your air, and if you are okay etc. This is not the case with this group - which I think is a benefit to an experienced diver, but maybe less so if you are still new.

The boat experience was great - bigger vessel so smooth ride out and back, the gear was in good condition and the dive sites were fabulous.

So I'd recommend it and I had a great time.

Date of experience: August 2019
FlorisGV, Front Office at GO WEST Diving, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

Hello Shivani!

Thank you very much for your review, we are glad you have taken the time for it!

I has not been our intention to make you feel like we are better for experienced divers only, since we also educate people on diving. However, on a couple of things you are right: We do not do the buddy check with people, that is their own responsibility on the boat. Our divemasters always check on you, and are there to help you either above or below the surface, in case anyone needs assistance with setting up gear, we are happy to help.
But, don't forget that that is the divers own equipment (even if it's hired).

in case we have 'new divers' we will always pay more attention. However, most divers don't like it if we ask them every 5 minutes if they are okay, so we just look after them :).

We hope to see you soon,

have a great day,

With kind regards,

Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

First I need to say that I am not a strong swimmer. I was the only one in the group with a life vest and pool noodle. This excursion was not for me. My husband loved it. I did not appreciate the blue room cave as I could not dive under water. He did get some amazing shots. I gave it only 4 stars because communication with the office was not the greatest. My emails went unanswered. But my husband did get a delayed response.

Date of experience: July 2019
FlorisGV, Front Office at GO WEST Diving, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2019

Hi Robyn,

Thank you very much for your review! We hope you still have enjoyed the trip itself, we have seen quite a lot that day!
We have had some issues with our email server, where incoming mails came through, but outgoing mails were not able to go through... Unfortunately! However, we have seen you :) So that's all good!

We hope to see you any time soon again, we are always open to accommodate everyone on the trip, so please don't feel bad about anything :)

Reviewed July 16, 2019 via mobile

Great experience with Jill our dive master. We saw amazing coral and an octopus (check off on bucket list), seahorse and some trumpet fish.

Date of experience: July 2019
FlorisGV, Front Office at GO WEST Diving, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2019

Hi Kim,

We are glad you have enjoyed your diving with us! We hope to see you again, any time soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2019

I did not book here, but because of an issue, my dive shop sent us to go west for a couple of dives. This was a happy diversion. OK so we had to drive 20 min from our place of stay, but the dive sites they were close to were amazing. Good boat. Nice staff especiallly Floris and Jill. and captain. All "drift" diving (not a big current, but boat is not anchored). Loved the mushroom forest. They are low key underwater without bugging you a lot. Next dive trip here will be booked with Coral Divers

Date of experience: June 2019
FlorisGV, Front Office at GO WEST Diving, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2019

Hello Eric and Barbara,

We hope you enjoyed your 20 minute drives, because we know the dives were amazing! :)
next time, we will show you our new seahorse ! It's beautiful!

Sea you next time,

Reviewed June 21, 2019

I have been diving with GoWest diving for several years. I continue to go back to GoWest diving because they provide great service and enjoyment of diving giving me great value. This trip I experienced a small problem of my own doing. Not only did they stop what they were doing to take care of me but Floris went WAY OVER what I would have expected even escorting me, staying with me and translating for me at the hospital. When they say customer safety and customer support are #1 they really mean it. I hate that I needed their support the way I did but I am grateful it was there when I needed it. Thank you GoWest Diving and Floris. I really appreciate you guys.

Date of experience: June 2019

Hello Garrethe,

We are glad that you are fully recovered, and hope to sea you soon in October again! We will show you the new seahorse ourselves, because everyone knows that you should see it!

have a great day, we will sea you soon!

With Kind regards,