Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing dives

I miss you all already!! absolutely awesome dives. I spent most of my holiday diving, and Loys... read more

Reviewed yesterday
joy m
Professional, friendly, multilingual, excellent location. What else do you need?

Professional and friendly staff. Spanish speakers check with Miguel, excellent instructor. Superb... read more

Reviewed yesterday

from $49.00
from $62.00
from $49.00
More Info
All reviews alice in wonderland dive shop black sand beach plane wreck the blue room playa kalki snorkel trip sol food great dive rinse tanks lion fish a great week rent tanks kura hulanda experienced divers surface interval rental gear
Reviewed January 11, 2019

The decision to try the Discover Scuba Diving at GoWest was the best decision I could have made. We went under water with Miguel and I discovered a whole new world and a life-changing experience.

I decided to start the Open Water Course to be able to continue diving. Unfortunately, there were some time constraints and so I had to go to a different diving school for the Open Water. After a partly very disappointing experience at the other school, we returned to GoWest to do the Advanced Open Water and Rescue Diver course again with Miguel. I cannot imagine anyone else that I would feel so comfortable with under water.

By now I have been diving with five different schools, some better, some worse, but the combination of location, people and equipment at GoWest is simply awesome. Last, but not least, the feeling of tranquility, enjoyment and security under water with Miguel is not excelled. Thank you for everything.

My very heartly thanks also go to Floris, Loys and the rest of the team who make the whole experience at GoWest unique and made me feel so comfortable and like at home.
I will be back for the Divemaster!

All the best and see you soon,
Verena

Date of experience: November 2018
FlorisGV, Front Office at GO WEST Diving, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2019

Hi Verena,

We have had a lot of fun with you guys over here, therefore, we do hope to see you back for your divemaster course. Of course, we will take good care of you! :)
have a great day,
and say hi to your father! :)

Happy Bubbles,

Reviewed January 8, 2019

We loved our refresh course with Rolex and the reef is wonderful. We did our first dive by our own !

Date of experience: January 2019

Hi Myriam,
Thank you very much for your message,

We hope to sea you soon again!

Happy Bubbles,

Reviewed December 24, 2018

Our family has now done a fair bit of diving around the world, with a particular focus in a range of Caribbean countries. With some experience running a diving club as well, I have some sense of the things to look for in a dive operation. Go West checks most boxes well, and some of their staff are really exceptional.

Gear is in good shape and well maintained. Prices are in line with other operations and alternatives on the island. Boats are in good condition and appropriate to the seas they are transporting people on. Counter staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Over 3 different dive seasons that we have experience with Go West certainly some of the boat staff/divemasters have been a bit quirky, but all have been competent. In particular this season, I'd mention Lois , who took real care to walk our daughter through a refresher dive, and stay with her during the dive, which was helpful to all concerned. Another Divemaster, MIguel, is one of the absolute best divemasters I've seen anywhere in the world. In the hustle and bustle of a busy boat, he was attentive to everyone, and was on the lookout for newer divers who were still finding their feet (as it were), and was vigilant to ensure their gear was set up correctly and they were feeling comfortable. This is not, in our experience, as common a skillset and practice as one would hope, and we would highlight his efforts as one of the reasons we will continue to dive with Go West.

1  Thank john s
FlorisGV, Front Office at GO WEST Diving, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2019

Hello John,

We are glad that you have enjoyed your dives and stay with us. Therefore, we are hoping to see you back this year!

Our captain Tuki will be waiting for you, with more coffee and stories! ;)

Have a great 2019!

With Kind regards,

Reviewed December 23, 2018

We loved our 3 days of diving with Go West.
They were very professional and kind.
We loved the dive sites and the atmosphere on the boat.
Highly recommended!

1  Thank Omri R

Hello Omri,

Thank you very much for your review!
We hope to see you again soon!

Have a great 2019!

With kind regards,

Reviewed December 19, 2018

I had pre-booked a 3 day 2 tank boat dive package about a month and a half before arrival but somehow i had a really hard time getting a confirmation/invoice from the German
organizer who i booked through online.
Luckily, the people actually working onsite at the dive shop were responsive and very efficient.

Floris who i spoke to on the phone quickly gave me the confirmation needed and Loys got me setup in no time once I got there. They made sure I got to see varied sites and got to see Watamula even if it wasn't on the regular schedule so I was very glad about that.

In all I did 6 boat dives and 2 guided shore dives because i went there solo. If you have a buddy, you could do the shore dives yourself as the entry seems pretty easy having seen a few of the beaches, their house reef was actually on my top 3 sites. I never felt rushed, even if on a couple of occasions we were 5 or less people on the boat, and I felt the pace was good medium to accommodate photographers and non-photographers.

The one drawback is that when there is not enough demand, there are no boat-dives in the afternoon but as stated before, there are plenty of shore dive choices if you can find a buddy.
I also used that time to complete my Nitrox course with Floris.
They were really nice and accommodating with the schedule for that too.

I have stayed at their affiliated AllWest apartments which you can read in a separate review.

In conclusion, if you want to deal with a fun, reliable and relaxed dive-shop team and don't want to wait more than two weeks to get some feedback, skip the German intermediate and contact the GoWest dive shop directly, and if you get Loys or Floris, you'll be in good hands.

1  Thank toujourspartie

Hello Hui,

We are glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us, eventhough the booking process did not go as smoothly as it should be.

Fully aware of that situation, we are happy that you still have chosen to come to us.
Therefore, we can certainly ask with joy in our tanks, if you come back this year. The boat will be waiting for you! ;)

Have a great, bubbly 2019!

With kind regards,