“I had a great time.”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Excellent
Our units, 10A  50 ft from ocean
Late afternoon, time for Happy Hour on the balcony!
10A Kitchen
King bed in 10A
Local Santa Rosa beach
Spring 2011: New futons and curtains!
Aerial photo showing our unit's prime location and dive reef off seawall
Marazul sunset
Marazul pool short walk from our unit
Private water access for diving, swimming or just floating!
Front door tiles
West Knip village nestled among the hills
Original staircase entrance, second one being built soon!
Sealife artwork by another owner
Gorgeous vegetation frames nearby church
Balcony sunset
Peaceful morning on Playa Forti
Jaancies Restaurant with singing menu
Landhaus Misje dining area
Mt. Christoffle Park
Our secret scenic vista!
Local entertainment or entree!
Brown boobie birds
Willemstad's landmark waterfront
Famous floating bridge
Resort Map
Island map driving directions
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

5 of 5 bubbles Excellent - based on 18 reviews

Reviews from our community

rrocklin
Lakewood, Colorado
“Lovely grounds and acceptable apartments”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

The grounds and pool were very nice. The access to the ocean was down a steep set of stairs about 20 feet. The apartments were ok but not well designed. The upstairs bedroom via a narrow stairway is not well insulated and gets very hot. You will need to turn off the upstairs air conditioner during the day to avoid an extra charge for power use.

It is located at the end of the island about 35 minutes from the airport. You will need to get groceries on the way because there are no stores near the apartments. The restaurants in the area are limited, expensive and not very good.

If you are a diver I would recommend Bonaire instead. The visibility and reefs were better and it has a huge amount of shore access unlike Curacao's very limited shore access.

5 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 3 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
3 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 3 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
Liked best: The grounds.
Liked least: Location and the design of the apartments.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Management Response
Oct 18, 2013
Dear Rrocklin,

I am sorry you did not find the apartment 's location ideal for your trip. Indeed it is located 35 minutes from the airport in the small village of Westpunt. The restaurants are limited as the community is not very large. I actually don't have your information in my files or notation of your reservation, so I assume you must have made the reservation directly with the resort managers. They are wonderful people and do a great job with the grounds as you stated! When reservations are booked directly through me, I provide detailed information regarding the location of our home, distance from grocery, restaurants as well as tips for enjoying our home while there. Yes, we agree construction was not optimal in our opinion but about standard for the island construction. We agree the stairs are a bit steep and the bedroom could have been made bigger. Unfortunately when you buy pre-construction and live in the USA, you can't oversee and have input on every detail as you can if you were living there and visiting the job site daily. I do address the best way to maximize cooling of the apartment and ways to save on energy consumption in the documents I provide with guests' reservations. The electricity is extremely expensive on the island and at the rate we are charging per night, we simply can't allow unlimited electricity. This is the case pretty much everywhere on the island except for maybe your large hotels such as Marriott and Hilton. However, our daily allowance is easy to stay within using the ideas and suggestions in the document I provide to our guests. I only wish I had know about your booking and I would have sent you the same documents to help you better prepare for your stay at our home. We have made many trips to the island to upgrade our unit as the builders furnishing left much to be desired. Unfortunately each owner makes the decision on furnishing and there is no minimum requirement. We have furnished ours with higher end amenities like a handful of the other owners in the resort.
As far as the diving, we love the island's reefs and in fact, our first trip there to dive in 2005 is when we stumbled upon the building project. One look at the grounds (not nearly as developed as they are now, only phase 1 was built at the time) with what we already had experienced on the island and below the water and we were instantly sold on the idea of owning a little piece of this paradise. I have heard great things about Bonaire as well and one day we hope to make it over for a few days to check out the diving. Thanks for your input on what it has to offer.
We do appreciate your comments and your time writing the review. Thank You!
Respectfully,
Misti Scott
camburgy
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“I had a great time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

This place was clean and quiet. The managers were very helpful, and the iguanas are friendly. I only recommend bringing some extra washcloths if you don't like to reuse them.

5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
Liked best: remote
Liked least: I liked everything
Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Management Response
Aug 18, 2013
I am so happy you had a enjoyable time! We enjoy the remote location as well and the peaceful scenery is one of our favorites along with the Iguanas. Thank you for spending your vacation at our island home and we hope when you return to the island you will visit us again.
SoniaMont...
Montreal, Canada
“Clean, relax, beautiful view of the ocean and beautiful beaches!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

We loved the beaches. The nicest beaches are very closed. Nice area that makes you feel your alone in this world! The place is very clean and very nice! I will keep good memories of my 5 days stay in Curacao. Also must see downtown ant it is 40 minutes away. Our favorite restaurant is Gouverneur Rouville. Excellent !

5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Texas Nana
5 of 5 bubbles Check in / front desk 5 of 5 bubbles Service
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012 for a stay in January 2012
person found this review helpful
5 of 5 bubbles Location 5 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Check in / front desk 5 of 5 bubbles Service
Make Inquiry
Enter dates for more accurate prices
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing