My husband and I stayed at West Hill Bungalows in April. We had been to Curacao several times before, usually staying at one of the high end resorts. But we decided to get off the beaten path this trip and are very happy with that decision. This has been our favorite place to stay. The hospitility of the staff was wonderful. What they don't have any upscale amenities, they make up for in their willingness to accomodate and their desire to make your vacation enjoyable.
The grounds are very nicely landscaped and the pool was crystal clear. The bungalows are very cozy - hardwood floors, spacious bath, nicely supplied kitchen. We kept our shuttered windows open most of the time for the nice breeze (A/C only in bedrooms). I would recommend that you bring body soap, shampoo, and OFF or citronella supplies. Housekeeping does not come through daily (and we liked the privacy), but on the day she did, we were suprised with a heart made of flowers on our bed.
We spent mornings on our patio with hummingbirds buzzing by us as we enjoyed coffee, fresh pastries, and banans that Norman picked from the grounds. During they day, we'd go to diving, have lunch, and hang out at one of the nearby beaches. We spent most evenings back on our patio with wonderful French wine and Dutch cheese. I would recommend doing your grocery shopping before you arrive or shortly after if possible. The good restaurants in the area are open only on the weekend. Several dive spots and beaches are a short drive away, and we think this is the most beautiful area of the island (which was why we looked for a hotel in this area) . I would definately recommend renting a car, no matter where you chose to stay. And finally, although we already had our trip planned out, I appreciated that Norman was willing to help us make arrangements for rentals, schedule boat trips, and would go the extra mile to make sure we were happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Hill offers 9 ocean view bungalows, each of 72 m2 embedded on a hilly area and peaceful tropical setting. Each bungalow has 2 bedrooms with air-conditioning to cool off hot Curacao nights and a kitchenette. The 12m2 wooden deck is the ideal place to sit and watch the most beautiful sunset nature has to offer.West Hill perfectly suits anyone who desires a short or long break from modern society. The moment you walk in just relax, lay back and let the beauty of the natural environment relax and restore you.With no television to distract your mind, West Hill is the ideal place to get away from it all and to indulge in pure relaxation of your body, mind and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your West Hill Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Hill Bungalows Hotel Westpunt
- West Hill Bungalows Curacao/Sabana Westpunt