“Culinary Perfection”
Review of Landhuis Misje

Landhuis Misje
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Landhuis Misje is an open-air restaurant with informal seating surrounded by a Caribbean garden. The menu features typical Curacao dishes, prepared with a Jamaican/American flair, at a reasonable price.
Reviewed October 9, 2013

It does not get much better than this. We arrived a little after 8:00 P.M. and were greeted at the front gate by a waitress. We were seated and immediately given water and drink recommendations. We ordered the escargots as an appetizer. From our vantage point, we saw the cook creating the dish from scratch. They were delicious and presented outside of the shell in a delicious, thick sauce. For the main course, she had the braised tail with pan-fried polenta and I had the pasta ku cabaron. Again, culinary perfection.

Our waiter was very entertaining and the cook came out to see how we enjoyed the meal. He is a master of his craft and is highly recommended.

1  Thank Robert S

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very nice food served in a cosy atmosphere! The owner and his staff work hard to serve great food and an impeccable good service always with a laugh, a joke and some dancing! I can everyone suggest to have an enjoyable evening at Landhuis Misje!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We've made Landhuis Misje one of our regular stops when visiting Curacao. They've never let us down. Although it's a 30-40 minute drive, it is well worth it. The ambience is very informal an just plain relaxing as you sit on the veranda or in the outdoor area under the stars. Staff is pleasant and prompt, with always a good conversation. The food is just phenomenal. This time we had the ceviche starter...delicious...try only small pieces of the accompanying hot pepper, it's a scorcher but very tasty and pairs perfectly with the limey acidity of the fish. For entrees, the shrimps were our choices, garlic shrimps and shrimps and pasta. Both had 6 or more very large and perfectly cooked shrimps. Although we didn't have dessert this time, just some excellent, foamy cappuccinos, from past experience I can tell you they are all homemade and good. Can't say enough about this place, other than we'll keep coming back. And with all the excellent restaurant choices on Curacao, that says a lot.

1  Thank Jeff E
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We ate at Lanhuis Misje last night and I have to say it was the best meal I've ever had. Their homemade Sangria is to die for, so I had 2 glasses. I ordered the shrimp and scallop appetizer which could have been a meal in itself. The scallops were the most tender I've ever had, and I actually sopped up the delicious sauce with pieces of bread. The sauce had cheese, garlic and herbs in it. Next came my entree-the filet mignon. Cooked to perfection, melted in my mouth and I knew without a doubt that I had just eaten the best meal ever. To top it off, I had a crepe drizzled with chocolate sauce, whipped cream and a scoop of ice cream. The best part was when the chef/owner came out to talk to us. This young man is so passionate about his food. I jokingly asked him to come to Canada and open a restaurant there. Landhuis Misje is not to be missed when dining on Curacao. I'm going back tomorrow night. Carol Bales

1  Thank americanbelle
Reviewed September 20, 2013

On our first night, in Curacao, we went in search of vegetarian food. The resort we stayed at quickly made calls to Misje, and they were able to accommodate us almost immediately.
The ambience is wonderful, with outdoor seating ... makes you feel like never leaving the island. The owner and hosts were quite friendly, and made you feel like part of their family. In fact, they prepared many different vegetarian meals for us on the two nights we ate over there.
Ask for their vegetarian curry and truffle pasta... to die for!

1  Thank 436sr