“Your host will spent some time with you!”

Jaanchies Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Great place to have authentic cuisine. There is no menu, but everything is explained and you can try several different things in one meal. Service was quick and friendly, although sometimes you had the feeling the service staff was rushed, even though we were early arrivals! Good to talk to Mr J as he was a hive of info!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Somethings never change. Jaanchie's is one of them. Going to Jaanchies when we go to the beach is another! At the far west end of the island, this "world famous" restaurant (and motel) serves local food for as long as I remember. I've read about the speed of service. It hasn't changed! Our lives might have accelerated to 21st century, this evolution has skipped Jaanchies and thankfully so! From Iguana Stew to fresh caught snapper, it is all made on order and therefore takes 45 minutes or more. If you are in a rush, skip this place. But make sure you come when you do have time to enjoy the peacefulness of a real mom and pop Curacao Restaurant! Local food, no fringes! Just as it used to be!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a lovely dinner at Jaanchies. The cook can do everything with the ingredients of the day and allergies are no problem. The owner comes sitting at your table to tell you today's menu, a very nice and great way of personal interaction.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Jaanchies has a walking menu. The owner comes to sit at your table and will tell you what they serve. We ate Iguana, very good.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We went on a round the island trip that took us to this restaurant. There is no menu, which as a vegetarian filled me with dread. However, it's one of the restaurant's unique selling points that the chap comes round and tells you the menu. When he got to me and I advised that I was vegetarian he had no issue with this at all and they were quite happy to do me an omelette, he even checked if I was OK eating eggs.

The food arrives on metal dishes/trays which had fried potatoes one side, the omelette and some rice with raisins and spices. It was a little on the salty side and I was a tad concerned at what it may have been cooked with but the effort was there. In the meantime the people I was with where tucking into their grouper, goat stew and iguana....

The service was a bit slow, even by Curacao standards, but they were all friendly enough