Les Balcons d'Oyster Pond
Princess Heights Hotel(Oyster Pond)(Great Value!)
$130
Hotel La Plantation(Orient Bay)(Great Value!)
$188
Colombus Hotel(Oyster Pond)
Alamanda Resort(Orient Bay)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsst martinwithin walking distancehuge terracedawn beachgrand casefresh french pastrieswonderful hostssailing charterbooked for next yeargas grillbeen returning for yearsbeautiful bungalowbungalow numbereach morninggalion beachorient bayshort walk down the hill
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was our first trip to the island. When we saw the prices online I was not sure what to expect. It was so far above our expectations. Our room was clean, well appointed, and comfortable.

We met up with some friends and were able to host ten people on the balcony. We spent more time out there than inside. The property is beautiful, clean, and what a view.

Carine is a gracious host and so helpful. If you are looking for great value at a beautiful location this is it.

Don't forget to check happy hour over at the dinghy dock.....

Room Tip: Upper level rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I used TripAdvisor to help me determine my trip destination for my 40th Birthday by myself. I could not have chose a better place to stay than Les Balcones in Oyster Pond on the beautiful island of St. Maarten. This was my first time visiting the island. I stayed for two nights with an 11 hour layover in Puerto Rico allowing me to visit the rainforest and I'm already planning my return tip in August! The owners of the property offer a VERY quaint, CLEAN, private, quiet and secure place to lay your head. I didn't feel "harassed" with anyone knocking on my door, but received a VERY Warm friendly greeting and departue. The suite was stocked with towels, tissue, hair dryer, iron, safe, counter top stove, grill on patio and everything you need essentially. There was a fridge and microwave in my room and a grocery store near by to stock up. The wifi isn't the strongest but at some point I NEEDED to "unplug" anyway, that just gave me an excuse to do so!! The outlets are European so remember to bring an adaptor, but the owners will provide one if you ask. Keep in mind THIS is NOT a resort, no one will "cater" to your "needs", act as if you are at home (my home does NOT include a maid, so IF YOURS does, don't expect maid service!). The privacy made me feel like I WAS right at HOME! And giving BACK to the local business owners made me feel better than paying the over priced corps! They provide an alarm system, but really there is no need, the property is a gated community.

There really isn't a need to leave the property!! But IF you do, the locals are very friendly and will give you assistance if you are kind and polite! I live in Connecticut which is an hour away from New York, expect New York driving while there!! Locals barely follow traffic lights and there aren't any posted speed limits. If you are a timid driver, do not rent a car!! DO pull to the side if you are being tailgated by a local and let them pass. There are a LOT of potholes, don't chance being forced to drive faster and risk damaging the rental car. I loved it once I got the lay of the land, the round abouts give you a better sense of direction IF you get turned around. I got "lost" on purpose just to explore, what better place to get lost in! And because its a small island, you WILL get back to where you started eventually! Les Balcones provide an alarm system, but really there is no need, the property is a gated community. St. Maarten is rich in culture, language and FOOD!! You must enjoy the cuisine!! I spent most of my money locally, at fruit stands or local snack shacks, but I hardly had an appetite or SLEPT because the island "feeds" you mentally with so many senses of pure delight! I spent my birthday evening at Sol E Luna and felt like I was in a romantic movie IN FRANCE! The ambiance was WELL worth the visit. Although be prepared to pay for it! I ONLY ordered dessert, Creme Brule and a House Mojito cost $50.00 US dollars! I can only imagine what it would cost to eat there! But for my birthday this was my only splurge! I was able to keep my spending expenses to a maximum of $150.00 including my car rental which was a tiny Hyundai I10. Be warned, the hills are VERY steep, but the little car I drove MADE it up them!! The views are breath taking and stunning! A must visit is Dawn beach, because my name is Dawn, I was tickled pink to be on a beach baring my name that almost seemed secluded! Both days I went hardly anyone was there! I started out the villa around 7am each morning and enjoyed the peace and quiet before most people woke up! If you are up to explore the Nude beach Orient is quite a place to visit as well. The sand is powder soft and the water will massage your soul from the outside IN! Whether you are just laying out on the beach enjoying the gentle waves hitting the shore or exploring the tiny neighborhoods your visit WILL be an enjoyable one! I look forward to my next visit. Jouir De!!

Room Tip: Because Wifi can be a little shaky, have patience when waiting for the owners to respond to your inquiry. They WILL respond, don't worry!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our fourth stay at Les Balcons and it won't be our last. The view from our upper level wooden porch was amazing. You not only have a beautiful view of the marina but the ocean as well. The rooms are cozy and inviting. Great location for getting around the island, so be sure to rent a car. Bring a good pair of walking shoes and stroll the neighborhood. Wonderful friendly people. We love Carine the manager as she always makes sure we feel very welcomed and at home. We can't wait until our next visit!

Room Tip: If you can book an upper level room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I spent 3 days here, on the recommendation of Lonely Planet, after a 1 week sailing trip. It was the perfect end to my vacation. Great location, quiet, large, tastefully decorated, clean, fully-equipped unit, with a huge porch overlooking the marina and the sea beyond. The manager, Carine Poret, and her staff were friendly, accomodating, and full of great information about what to see and do, where to eat, etc. I WILL stay here on my next visit to St. Martin. I highly recommend this little jewel!

Room Tip: Plan ahead--this place fills up quickly, though I was able to make a last minute arrangement.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The reviews for this lodging option were spot on. The location was lovely, although parking was a bit cramped. The view of the marina is wonderful, and the furnishings are well-maintained. The bed was far more comfortable than the supposed 4-star hotel we stayed in for 2 nights before. A few problems with the shower function and water pressure, but we found that to be a typical issue on the island. It's nice to have a kitchen to be able to make breakfast and eat on the terrace overlooking the boats and order bread from the local bakery for the morning. Definitely bring some bug spray for the mosquitos though. We were only disappointed that we couldn't grill lobsters because as Carine informed us, the lobsterman no longer delivers there so you'll have to go into Marigot to find lobsters, which is a bit of a trek in the early morning. But you won't be upset with dinner at the nearby Quai Ouest. Don't waste your money on the American TV though, as it only had about 4 working channels. Our stay in Bungalow 3 was even lovelier than our more expensive 2 nights in 16, although it was on the end, and the cats took a little longer to make their way to us. (Make sure you're ok with cats and ants, which you can expect to find as well.) Anais was quite helpful and pleasant as well. The only thing I regret is not being able to stay there longer!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple