“Loved it so much we came back 3 times!!”
Review of Le Pavillon by the Sea - CLOSED

Le Pavillon by the Sea
Cuisines: Caribbean, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This restaurant was one of my favorites on the island! I tried something different each time I went and was never dissapointed The atmosphere is so relaxing and inviting. You can watch the waves crash in right in front of you. Chris and Elaine, the owners, are warm and hospitable and know how to be the perfect hosts. They also import wine from France that is to die for. They also offer car pickup and drop off if you do not have a car while staying on the island (Oyster Pond region only).

This will always be a go to spot for me and people I am travelling with!!

4  Thank Carol B

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I spent 5 nights on the island and visited Le Pavillion based on its proximity to our hotel and the reviews on Trip Advisor. It was slow on the island - off season and World Cup play was ongoing. We weren't sure what to expect...

We were not disappointed in our decision to visit Le Pavillion - it was the best meal we had in St. Maarten, and quite possibly the best meal we've ever had. While visiting the island we had other meals at some of the highest reviewed restaurants on this site, including the best in Grand Case and Philipsburg. There was no comparison.

Read Le Pavillion's other reviews and visit before everyone else finds out because you won't be able to get near it when they do. Why sit in a stuffy restaurant in Grand Case (ours had a ceiling fan directly above our table, spinning in the wrong direction making it WARMER!)? Enjoy the breeze, the amazing service, the charming owners (who provided car service from our resort), and of course the unbelievable food. Yes - unbelievable.

The only complaint - no option was provided to add extra gratuity. I had no cash, so I could not tip for the car service or add extra tip for the meal. Bad planning by me. Guess I wasn't expecting the best meal ever. However, like you, I read the reviews. I should have believed what I read and prepared better.

Our thanks to the Le Pavillion team! May you have continued success.

3  Thank NoleMel
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We hosted our son's wedding rehearsal dinner at Le Pavillion and we are so happy we did! Elaine and Christian were marvelous to work with, the food was delicious and the atmosphere was perfect! We were able to book the entire venue for our private event which made everyone so comfortable. The service provided was very professional and efficient and the food was absolutely marvelous! This is a beautiful spot to see exquisite views of the ocean with the sea breeze blowing as you enjoy a delightful dining experience!

2  Thank creatureteacherblue
Reviewed June 27, 2014

One of the best dining experiences on the island! The food is delectable, the view is beautiful, and the service was fantastic. It is a bit pricey for the modest budget, but we had an experience of a lifetime there on our honeymoon :)

2  Thank Simplyrqbl
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was our first trip to St. Martin and the one thing we didn't expect was all the great food choices. We found this place by chance, and we were very pleased. The only places that came remotely close in the quality of food was in Grand Case.

This was the best food we had on the island during the 8 days we were there. The crab cakes were delicate piles of juicy lumpy crab meat with just the right seasoning to bring out the flavor of the meat. The flaky mahi was caught that day and cooked to perfection. Both were the best we ever had....and we have had a ton of crab cakes and Mahi in our day. We are from Houston and are accustomed to very good food. This place simply blew us away!

Everything is shiny, new, clean, and contemporary - including the bathrooms! The owners and chef were very friendly and welcoming, and this simply by chance dinner turned out to be a highlight of our trip.

We wish the owners nothing but luck on their new venture in St. Martin, and hope to see them next time we are in town.

2  Thank Freqtravspg