“What a lovely view in combination with excellent food!”
Review of Le Pavillon by the Sea - CLOSED

Le Pavillon by the Sea
Cuisines: Caribbean, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2014

OMG, u need to have lunch or dinner at this restaurant. I 've already been there twice for dinner and both times the food was Excellent. Good job Elaine!
What more can I say? great location/atmosphere, good service and Excellent food.
Thank you.

Marita

1  Thank Marita C

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I had the wonderful opportunity to eat at le Pavillon twice during my month stay in St Martin. I ate at many restaurants around the island but the atmosphere here far surpassed anywhere else to include Grand Case over the water. The owners were friendly and you felt welcome and comfortable. I was told I just missed whale watching season but I did secure a beautiful shot of a unique ship sailing right in front of my table. As previously mentioned they are addressing the wind issue however both times I ate there the wind was gentle. The seafood was fantastic, I highly recommend the Mahi Mahi.

2  Thank Keri L
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Have been visiting St. Maarten for years and have discovered a new restaurant.

Wonderful service,outstanding food, delightful surroundings. I am a meat and potato type of guy, but took Chris's advice and tried the fresh fish special of the day. WOW!!! Also sampled the Lobster pasta-- world class flavors. Elaine and Chris made us feel like long time regulars.

3  Thank davek2164
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We had an outstanding meal at Le Pavillon last night. The setting is beautiful - covered, but open air with a beautiful view. Some other reviews commented on the wind - it wasn't very windy last night but the owners told us they are recently opened and working on putting something up that helps with the wind but doesn't harm the view.

The owners were very kind and took great care of us. The wine list is pretty pricey overall but they kindly offered us a taste of a couple of different wines more in our price range, and we found one that was delicious and very reasonable.

Even though it is a French restaurant (as are so many restaurants on the island) the menu was really different, and everything sounded good. The food was spectacular - we shared the surf and turf with Caribbean lobster tail, ginger lime shrimp and NY strip steak, vegetable gratin and shoestring fries. Everything was great, but the seafood really stole the show. For dessert we had banana bread pudding, which was perfect (not overly sweet), and white and dark chocolate mousse which was hands down the best I've ever had.

We will definitely return here on our next trip!!

4  Thank ascott375
PavillonPBS, Front Office Manager at Le Pavillon by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

we are happy that you enjoyed your meal here with us, it was a pleasure having you , and we hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The place looks cool. It was very quiet when we were there, as in 2 other customers. The food was great. The rest wasn't so great and it was very pricey for Oyster Pond.

1  Thank jim M

we are very happy that you loved the food, we are a new restaurant in the area that pride ourselves on standing out from the rest, come back and visit us soon, we guarantee your experience will be even better