My husband and I traveled here for our first wedding anniversary. This was the 3rd time we have exchanged out through Interval. The room was small, but clean. We asked for ocean view, but they did not accommodate us even though it was their off season. The room was fine for us, as we spent a lot of time on the beach, at the pool and exploring. The activities desk was excellent. They helped us chose many of the restaurants we went to and all of them were very good. The activities desk staff were always happy, had a smile on their faces and were very helpful. They gave us maps every time we drove somewhere and often printed written directions. The main desk was average. There was one very rude bartender that we encountered on our first night and then avoided him the rest of the stay. He was very curt and seemed annoyed when I asked for a drink menu. On the last night when they hosted a farewell party, the bartenders were handing out appetizers and when I asked him what he was serving (because my husband has severe food allergies)- he said "fish"- it was a fried ball, probably some type of fish cake. I was really taken back by his attitude. When you go on vacation you want to have pleasant people serving you. On the other hand, David the bartender was very friendly, happy, talkative and made excellent drinks. He made us feel like we were on vacation again. The food average- we ate the bar food at the poolside bar and had dinner one night at Beau Beaus. The dinner was average. The buffet breakfast and dinner at Infinity were very good. The service at Beau Beaus and Infinity were very good. The pool was clean and beautiful. The beach was also very clean and they always had someone on the beach to set up chairs and an umbrella. Overall good resort and great vacation. I highly recommend renting a car at the airport (much cheaper than booking it once you get to the resort). I would also say that a GPS is probably not necessary if you have a good map. SXM is a wonderful island and we will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg