Me and my wife went here several years ago on our honeymoon. I had never stayed in St. Martin before so I really just rolled the dice when I picked this place. It was a decent ride from the airport. We went down a long road with no building for a while and arrived.It's location is great, it's away from all the traffic in a remote and beautiful location.
The hotel was in really great shape . The first thing I noticed when I entered the lobby was the pool which overlooked the ocean atop of a small cliff. There were mountains to the left and nothing but ocean in front of you.
It has a spa and gift shop right in the front, a rocky area to the front that overlooked the oyster pond and was loaded with tarpon, and a private beach on the right side that was beautiful.
The food was really good and it was easy to sign up for activities from the front desk. There is a convenient store with french pastries a 2 minute walk from the resort as well a restaurant that had excellent food and looked really high end inside.
The ferry boat to St. Barths is right across the pond as well as another great restaurant.There is so much stuff to do on the resort that you don't even have to leave .
The resort was filled mostly with americans so I didn't feel out of place like when we would go to the french side. This resort is defiantly worth coming back to especially after looking at some of the other resorts while we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg