My wife and I with out two teenage daughters spent the week of August 3rd at the resort. We stayed in room 2612, 1st floor two bedroom ocean view. Usually I never like the 1st floor if given a choice but this worked out perfect as we were still about 10/15 feet off the ground with the ocean right off the deck. Incredible view from the deck/room, the room was very clean and everything we needed. Maybe not quite up to the standards of some 1st class new resorts but certainly clean, nice and very caribbean!
The cleaning maid/service was excellent. Being we were on the bottom floor our room was cleaned last. With the heat of the day I think they clean top to bottom. Nevertheless, it was no big deal for us as we just work around it. Marva was our cleaning lady, friendly and always did a great job. We tipped her daily and we know she was so appreciative.
We rented a cab/driver for the week. Alene, @1-721-526-0724. This was probably one of the best things we did as she was excellent. We didn't want to deal with a car rental, driving after dinner and being responsible for the car. Alene would pick us up once or twice a day, always on time, great driver, nice vehicle, insured and a very nice person. I think the expense of her services were pretty close to the cost of car rental but with no worries. If you are looking to be picked up at the airport I would call her in advance and she will be there. Just tell her Kirk & Wendy wrote about her on trip advisor and highly recommended her. You will not be disappointed. She also gave us a two hour trip around the island that most people might not see. She is good.
Also did the horseback riding trip/tour. Our youngest wanted to do that and the rest of us were not that excitied but we gave it a try. Turned out to be great, safe, fun and absolutely beautiful ride up the mountain and a long the ocean! About $260 US for four people. We are not experienced riders but Danny, our guide, was great and we felt very safe.
Spent most of our days on the Orient Beach, just beautiful! Can't say enough about that, one of the best in the world. Dawn Beach is very nice as well but not the same as the Orient!
All the restaurants were good. Fun at Beau Beaus and traveled to Cherries one night. That was quite something and highly recommmened!
Staff was great, didn't do the timeshare as we are members of ExoticTravel and have everything we need . We traded through Interval International and everything from check-in to check-out was just great. No complaints at all.
We would most certainly go back, always felt safe and it was just an overall great vacation. Again, if you are going to need a cab driver call Alene in advance and you'll be happy you did. Safe travels!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg