Oyster Bay Beach Resort (OBBR) was an excellent choice for our 7 day Interval Exchange. It had a choice of 4 restaurants nearby: king Fish - very expensive fine dining, Daniel's by the sea (Busby's Beach Bar), OBBR's Infinity restaurant, Beau Beaus, and Canoa at the marina. We tried the OBBR's Infinity restaurant for a BBQ buffet, it was very good. We ate at Busby's several times as it was casual during the day and turned into fine dining at night. The pizzas and food were excellent. We went on a Wednesday to Beaus Beaus for dinner and a fire show which we highly recommend.
Went to Phillipsburg for shopping twice; went to Grand Case and Marigot, Fort Louis on the French side. Drove back at night from Grand Case - we don't recommend
driving at night, really dark and you could easily get lost. We got lucky and only made 2 u-turns to get back to OBBR. Our best dining was at Bistrot Caraibes in Grand Case which I wrote a separate review - highly recommend it! We also ate at Harbor View and had excellent burgers. We originally went there for some local food, on the recommendation by one of the cleaning ladies at OBBR. The cook did however give us awesome samples of curry goat and baby back ribs in a BBQ sauce. The 6 days that we were there went soo fast. There's soo much to see and do, we wil definitely go back. In the future, we may stay at the Pelican Resort as it looks to be more conveniently located to a greater choice of restaurants and shops all within walking distance. At OBBR we had delays in checking out, since I had a charge for a dinner to our room in the previous owners name. How that happened, I can't explain!? The staff non-chalantly apologized for the mistake, but then they still gave me the wrong receipt.
Bottom line, look carefully at your final bill. PS:The resort adds an optional $1 charge for the "dollar a day program" and $7/day utility charge on top of the $50 timeshare tax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg