Oyster Bay Beach Resort
Princess Heights Hotel(Oyster Pond)(Great Value!)
$130
Hotel La Plantation(Orient Bay)(Great Value!)
$162
$155
  • Breakfast included
Colombus Hotel(Oyster Pond)
Esmeralda Resort(Orient Bay)
  • Breakfast included
1,250 results
All reviewsinfinity restaurantoystersdawn beachtime sharebeau beausmarina sideseaweed problembig fishthe activities deskocean viewrental cargrand caserestaurants within walking distancegrocery storest maartenfrench borderconcierge desk
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Unforgettable vacation have spent last two vacations here amazing experience both times. Best resort on island and have been going to st Marteen for 15 years and love it here. Pool and beach amazing staff friendly views great happy hour great

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Bonesaver
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Wrapping up the maiden voyage of Terre Moana and disembarked the vessel for an overnight stay at Oyster Bay. Had high expectations after staying at another property at the begining of the cruise in Grand Case that was not so hot. Oyster Bay finally met expectations. They were unfortunately right in the middle of a power outage and were struggling to get back on their feet with cleaning rooms and trying to keep the ice from melting. No worry, checked our bags, found the way to the pool and commenced with pool bar drinks. Ended up in our room about 4 p.m., not too late. Had a wonderful room, ocean view, in building 29. Recommend an ocean view if you can get it, looking south to St. Barts. Not much of a beach there directly in front of the hotel, but understand there is a beach at Beau Beaus on property which we just didnt make it to.

Rooms were clean and up to date. Comfortable air conditioning and bed. The front desk was good about setting us up with a driver to the airport the next morning with no problems.

Overall, I would recommend this place as the pool area is relaxed and comfortable, rooms clean and comfortable and it is off the busy beaten path of the other bay areas.

Room Tip: Must get into a room facing the ocean. Building 29 was a great location.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TXrocklobster
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I really liked this hotel it was just what I needed. I got an Oceanfront Studio Suite, which was super comfy - the hotel had all the amenities I was looking for. It is located in a nice and pretty safe area (a plus for me as I'm traveling solo) with beautiful views. It is a little far out, but it was nice and quiet, which is what I was looking for - to decompress. The hotel offers a bus service available to its guests, that's how I got to explore different parts of the island. I could see St. Barth's in the distance.. very beautiful views. Totally recommend this property for those traveling as couples and families as well. Although, I did love the fact that there were no kids around. Staff was super friendly and very helpful - they answered all my questions without any hesitation. Oh, and the pool was phenomenal!!

Hotel booked via booking.com and took a day trip to Anguilla on a catamaran via Viator.com

You may pm me if you have any questions :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Besitos22
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have stayed at Oyster Bay 3 times. My favorite stay was the first, when they still had the older villas, that are now condos. Avoid the inner rooms near the bar unless you are only staying a short while. They are very small. The kitchens in the other units are a good size and have all the needs for whipping up a lunch or breakfast. I have even cooked a dinner or two. Avoid the room at the end of the hotel near the beach. It is not very private with the restaurant directly below. The pool is very beautiful. The bar is a fun place to hang out after a full day of touring. It is easy to book water sports from the front desk. You are on the Dutch side, but close to the French border. It is a good location.

Room Tip: Ocean view is nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Decemberschild
Reviewed January 30, 2013

As timeshare owners, we've been to Oyster Bay Resort a couple of times. It's a well-run resort with lots of activities poolside and in the evenings if you like that kind of thing. Kind of reminds me of a cruise ship, but in a better way. Some tips if you plan to stay here:
- Ocean front units are great, but be prepared for the sound of wave action. During our week there, we encountered some pretty windy days and nights when the waves were pounding on the rocks below our window.
- Oyster Pond is actually half on the French side, so you get a bit of a different shopping and dining experience by literally walking around the corner.
- A high-speed catamaran leaves Oyster Pond most days of the week for St. Bartholomew. It's a half-hour trip or so, but if they tell you it's rough seas, you better believe it and take Gravol, or change your plans if you don't want to get seasick. On our trip, it wasn't very windy on shore, but the waves were tossing the boat around once we got further out. Quite a few people looked uncomfortable and you know it's not a good sign when the crew starts handing out the seasickness bags.
- Take the coastal road from Oyster Pond towards Orient Bay. The ocean scenery is spectacular and you get to see lots of goats on the road.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family