Oyster Bay Beach Resort
Colombus Hotel(Oyster Pond)
Sol Hotel(Oyster Pond)
Excellent 5/5
Very Good 4/5
Princess Heights Hotel(Oyster Pond)
Great 4.5/5
Club Orient Resort(Orient Bay)
Alamanda Resort(Orient Bay)
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Palm Court Hotel(Orient Bay)
1,248 results
All reviewsinfinity restaurantoystersdawn beachtime sharebeau beausmarina sideseaweed problembig fishthe activities deskocean viewrental cargrand caserestaurants within walking distancegrocery storest maartenfrench borderconcierge desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

They invited us to this resort hoping that we buy time share here. We received room in the only building which does not have ocean view, the resort manager was rude and impolite – we thought we are listening to a sales pitch of a mafia boss. The beach is nice but with sea grass. This is definitely not a family resort – I would say that average age of guests was 55.

Room Tip: Almost all buildings have ocean view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank USSlovak
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is was my second visit to OBBR and SXM both times visited during the month of October. It is a lovely place with very relaxing views of the Atlantic. Both visits I stayed in an ocean view suite. The suite was nicely decorated, well furnished and clean. The pool is awesome with great views!!! and you meet the most FUN people there !!!! A shout out to David and Edith who provided excellent service during the evening hours at the bar. Also enjoyed dinner at Beau Beau's with a wonderful friendly staff. The entire staff is pleasant and ready to serve your every need! IF you rent a car, I HIGHLY recommend investing ($20) in a street guide (purchased at airport) as the maps from the rental car agency are not that detailed. If you are an adventurer, you will need a map to find the awesome beaches on SXM. Also, I recommend spending a night or at least a day trip to Anguilla. We took the ferry over (need passport!) spent one night and enjoyed 2 of the most pristine beaches!! Shoal Bay and Meads Bay! Well worth the trip!!!! Thanks OBBR for yet another awesome time!!

Room Tip: Ocean View is lovely for sunrise and early morning coffee on your lanai!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

this a bit of a odd resort. very small pool for the size, the studio's are extremely small and furnature a bit dated. my studio, the room was under repair, yet, was given to me by the front desk; mirror on the floor as was the hair dryernthat was supposed to be attached to the wall. a huge spot on the celing was patched over and unpainted. apparently maintenence forgot to tell the front desk they hadnt completed in the room. never the less, i stayed but was called by management to ask if i wanted to change rooms as the maintenence guy who came to room when i called reported to them what i encountered. they hung the mirror and hair dryer the next day. the shape of the resort leaves some buildings facing other buildings vs the ocean or marina. the beach is off to the side of the prioerty, dawn beach. overall a odd vibe to the place. check in was much easier than checkout. long line with only 2 people at desk. i gave up and left trying to use their sppedy checkout box, was interrupted and paperwork kinda snatched from me by a semi flusterd front desk person; probably due to the long line. this part of the island is on the dutch-french border. not alot nearby, there are some restaraunts. better have a car or deep pockets for cab fare. at night, the road is very dark leading to this part of the island. they do have a front gate with ample security guards there.

Room Tip: ask for room on the water, not one of the buildings inback of them, and a high floor. but, no elevators :(
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank flatanman
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Overall, our stay at the resort is fantastic.

Loads of activities to do for the week.

There's one grocery within the premises (although items are a bit pricey).

Wifi access inside the room didn't work despite paying $50 for a week's access. Had to refund what we paid for. So we needed to hangout at the lobby for internet access.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Harold L
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We've stayed on 2 previous occassions. This time (10/6 - 10/13) we were able to get and ocean view (3rd floor). The view is fine but a bit boring. Nice breezes off the ocean etc. However, if we go back for a 4th visit, we'll ask for a bay view again.

Only a few glitches - first off we had a festation of very small ants on the kitchen counter. We called the front desk and the gal merely said "Use Flit". After a thorough cleaning of the counter with soap and water and a little elbow grease, the problem resolved itself. Apparently the maids where too busy to or in too much of a hurry to clean up after the pervious guests. I suspect someone made some sweet, fruity drinks with the blender and slopped a little on the counter.

Second problem - and this was much more aggrivating. I had a special DVD I'd taken on vacation to view but to my dismay the cable from the DVD player to the TV was totally shot. I called down to the desk on Sunday morning and was assured "Somebody will be there to check on it" but no one ever showed up. Monday I went down to the desk and was again assured someone would check on it. Sill no action. Tuesday I again complained about the situation and this time a maintenance person did show up. This fellow looked at the frayed end of the HDMI connection and the look on his face told me immediately he didn't have a clue - it was almost comical. I knew right away that the extent of his knowledge was to check and make sure things were plugged into the power outlet. He said he'd return to fix the cable. On returning from the beach a few hours later I surprised that the cable was no longer hanging down. "Oh boy" I thought "Now I can watch my DVD. But my hopes were dashed when I checked behind the TV and sure enought the maintainance guy only shoved it up where it wouldn't be seen. I've posted a few pictures here on tripadvisor.

Other than that we had a fine time at Dawn Beach (although there was a bid of sea weed) and made a trip to Orient Beach as well. For me the highlight was the sunrise on Monday morning. Picture also posted here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family