My father in-law is a long time owner at OBBR (purchased pre-construction in the 90's). We upgraded from a 1BR to a 2BR, as we were traveling with another couple. Requested in advance an upper level floor by Beau Beau's overlooking Dawn Beach. Upon arrival, we received exactly the type of unit we asked for. Great 3rd floor unit with an awesome beach view. Only a few steps from our building to the beach. Overall a great location in the resort - not too far from the pool or the entrance to the resort where there are several restaurants and a small store for groceries. They have the best warm fresh baked croissants - the chocolate ones are a favorite, but you have to get there early - between 7-8am or they will run out!
Our unit was nicely decorated and very clean. The daily housekeeping service was great. Thank you Rose Laura. Did encounter a problem with the air conditioning when we first arrived - the living room a/c was not working. A maintenance man arrived within 15 minutes of a call and had the air working shortly after. The front desk staff were awesome - especially Juan and the lady that worked with him in the evenings. Both very friendly and helpful - answering questions, finding Windex for us to clean our rental car window, directions, restaurant recommendations, etc. Activities staff were helpful in arranging our sunset champagne cruise with Eagle Tours this was a very nice outing. Guards/front gate staff were great in making sure we were contacted when we had a local guest come visit us one afternoon. The happy hour 2 for 1 drinks from 4-6pm were great, as were the Manager's Party and Farewell Party. Did a tour and owners update with Julie, who came to check on us in our unit shortly after we arrived and brought us a complimentary bottle of wine. Pool was awesome - best pool view on the island, I'm sure! Beach was nice - no significant seaweed and Evans and staff kept it clean and set us up with lounge chairs, umbrellas and towels each day. Had a great breakfast buffet in Infinity's. We had lunch at the Westin, Beau Beau's, Mr. Busby's, Island Pizza - all were good. Really enjoyed the pizza - nice thin crust. Had dinners at Daniel's by the Sea twice, Chesterfields and the Greenhouse in Philipsburg, Izzi's, Pineapple Pete's and Skip Jack's in Simpson Bay. All were good and the Venezuelan Bien me Sabe cake at Pineapple Pete's is awesome. Free WiFi in the lobby/courtyard area was a nice addition since our visit last year. This was particularly important with a number of guests checking on family and property in the path of Hurricane Sandy. This was our 5th stay on St. Maarten and 2nd at OBBR. We really enjoyed our week both times and hope to return in the future. It's a great place with friendly staff and guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg