Arrived at 9:30pm on Friday. Explained we hadn't eaten but wanted to check in and clean up before dinner. However, since the main restaurant was already closed we were told to rush to their beach bar if we wanted any service. Limited menu items even at 10pm at a "resort" so went back to check in. Room assigned smelled and the a/c was broken so went back to front desk and was told they were now closed so no room change could be made and we should contact a specific person in morning. Horrible night with smell, heat and humidity which a/c could have helped take care of. Next morning the person did not show for work at 9am but told no one else could handle room change. Finally arrived at 2pm so our day was wasted. Told new room had been cleaned but when escorted to room discovered water all over floor since patio doors had been left open during storm. 2nd room was clean so took it but when we tried a/c it to did not work. About an hour later maintenance finally came and put nre batteries in remote to make it work. Due to Rafael storm, it was necessary to stay in room a lot but TV was broken. Reported it at 4:30pm and called back 2 times before they came to fix at 9:30pm....5 hours later. The negative reports on many sites had given us some concerns about this hotel we were obtained through Interval International. We should have listened to them and chosen a different hotel in St Maarten. Worst hotel on a beautiful island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg