“What a week!”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Oyster Pond
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“What a week!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

So I just wrapped up a well deserved vacation at the Oyster Bay Beach Resort. To say the least, my experience was nothing short of amazing. The island tour with Livingston was a great introduction to St. Maarten. He was soo much fun, everyone on the bus seemed to really take a liking to him. I'm an introvert, initially I was thinking "I didn't come for all this" but by the time we left the first stop I was chatting it up with the rest of the guests. The next day my husband and I enjoyed lunch at the Infinity restaurant, the service was top notch each time we ate there from breakfast to dinner. We enjoyed the two for one drink specials, on top of that 89 cent Coronas! Does it get any better? The beaches were amazing. The activity desk associates were helpful and accommodating even when we had to cancel and make modifications to our plans. Our room was refreshed each day (not all timeshares do that), which was nice especially after having sand everywhere. The activities that the resort had laid out each evening also made our trip enjoyable, we were to timid to drive this trip. Drink recommendation, Guavaberry pina colada!!! The bar was also a great place to network and rub elbows ;) All in all, great week - great resort - great people. I talked to another guest in the ocean one day and she hit the nail on the head, its not just a resort - its like a family.

Talk about the friendly island :) My husband and I will definitely be back for more fun in the sun!

2 Thank Lana L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
new york
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Let me first begin by saying this is the 5th time that I've stayed at the property and likely the last. This is a 3 star resort at best. Although many of the rooms have been upgraded, I can no longer play the 'room preference based on availability' game. Because I have never received the room I requested. And yes my expectations are managed. However having traveled during off peak and seeing first hand the occupancy rate (hotel was DEAD) I cannot believe my room preference was honored. Oh pool was closed after our first day for a 3 week renovation. Room was dated, dingy. Location is very good. In my opinion, the nearby Westin is a much better option for a few dollars more. Let the pictures speak for themselves. Nearby restaurants Mr Busby's and Big Fish continue to excel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean are your priority followed by the rooms facing the bay. If you get a room in...
2 Thank powerpkr95
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed at OBBR in early September. The room we had was absolutely beautiful. We were just above Beau Beaus with stunning view of Dawn beach. The suite was newly renovated with everything we needed. Bedrooms were separated by the living room making for privacy. The balcony was spacious! The beach was beautiful with no trash or seaweed. I spent every day soaking up sun and lounging around in the water. We only had breakfast once at the Infinity restaurant, but it was delicious. We tried Beau Beaus for rib night and were disappointed. After asking for more ribs (it was all you can eat), the waitress returned about 20 minutes later and
scooped up our plates! My dining partner asked me in the waitress presence " Didn't you ask for more ribs? I said, "Yes I did" Waitress just stared at me and took away the plates. BTW, we were one of two occupies tables in the dining room. I'd skip this place as there are so many good choices so near the resort. I loved my time at OBBR! The facilities were glamorous, comfortable, and simply beautiful.

Room Tip: Skip Beau Beaus. Do stay at OBBR!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Middle Island, New York
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We traded our timeshare week here and started out the week rocky. Our room was on the 3rd floor and the Ac was not working. After the first night and a little fight we got our room changed. Our new room and an amazing 5 star view of the ocean. All in all Oyster Bay beach resort is in a great spot on the island with beautiful beaches and great restaurants all around. The hotel itself is older and the accommodations feel that way. The pool was closed during our stay for renovations
Overall 3 stars

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly renovated rooms with an ocean view. Stay on the first level as the water pr...
3 Thank Dina35
New York
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Oyster Bay Beach Resort is a fantastic place to visit if you find yourself in Saint Marteen. To maximize your experience, make certain to ask for one of the renovated rooms, which features modernized bathrooms and kitchens, and new furniture including flat screen televisions. The staff are courteous and there are plenty of on-site activities to keep you fully entertained. In addition, 2 for 1 drinks are offered at the main bar near the pool everyday. The one potential drawback is that with the exception of the newer buildings, the units are contained in walk- up buildings, so keep that in mind if traveling with the elderly, ill, or disabled.

There is a car rental facility on premises so that you can visit all of the island (something i strongly encourage because although Saint Marteen is small, there is much to see and do) including the fabulous restaurants housed on the French side. There are also a few restaurants (the fabulous Big Fish among them) and a small store within walking distance from the resort. Just know that most of the smaller stores and restaurants (not Big Fish) only accept cash.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Travelinandlovingit
Philipsburg, null, Netherlands Antilles
Reviewed September 17, 2012

the resort is very beautiful and located in a quieter sections of sxm , we were staying at one bedroom with private pool apts , and it was sooo gorgeous ,beautiful , well decorated, beautiful ocean view from the room , private pool ..just awesome. they have nice restuarant inside the resort , good service..infinity pool was so wonderful with the awesome ocean view ...we love our stay at oyster bay beach resort ...it is worth your money .great stay and have fun enjoy :)))

Room Tip: higher floor with an beautiful view
1 Thank Rocky V
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2012

this resort is nice but not great. the pool is MUCH smaller than the pictures lead you to believe. the infinity restaurant is very good, beau beaus is awful. the beach is very small. the staff...well, that's where the ups and downs come in. the wait staff in both restaurants are EXCELLENT; extremely attentive and helpful and oh so friendly. really just wonderful. and they're working for tips so the friendlieness is understandable. the front desk staff, activities desk staff, housekeeping and maintenance staff - not so much. none of them want to step out of their box to do any more than their exact job requires. i had one person at the activites desk laugh at me and become very sarcastic when i asked for a map and directions to town. "really? it's two turns! you don't need directions!" unbelieveable! i'm a guest at this resort and you're laughing at me? i asked a maintneance person if he cold open the machine that dispenses the detergent in the laundry room because it took my money but i didn't get the detergent. he said "oh no. you have to wait for housekeeping." WAIT for housekeeping? i sat for the timeshare presentation and decided not purchase. soon as the salesperson heard me say no, his entire attitude changed toward me. he became so rude and dismissive. so, bottom line, the resort is ok, the staff really aren't. i won't be back.

Room Tip: ask for a room with an ocean view.
2 Thank joanned60763
Hotel Riu Palace St Martin
Hotel Riu Palace St Martin
#2 of 3 in Anse Marcel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,249 reviews

Been to Oyster Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!