“Excellent meal with super service!”
Review of Dinghy Dock Bar OP

Dinghy Dock Bar OP
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Oyster Pond
Cuisines: Caribbean, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Dinghy Dock Bar is a true Caribbean dive bar. Situated on a historic marina in Oyster Pond, the bar straddles the Dutch and French line sitting over the water. It's a place where high and low, locals and tourists, rub elbows and party the night away. It was originally a place to get the rowdy drunken sailor's out of the finer establishments in the area. Sit at the bar and to hear stories told, some true and many not, from around the island and around the world. The "mix your own" happy hour is the best around. That's right, you get the bottle, glass, mixer, and make you own drink. This is also one of the best-stocked bars on the island, with the usual suspects, as well some unusual ones - even a selection of craft beers from the US for those missing a taste of home. The kitchen makes some of the best casual bar food around, lunch and dinner. You won't find better fish and chips, ribs, burgers, wings, or anything else on the menu. Daily specials vary from goat stew to jerk pork chops to blackened grouper. We open at 8am for coffee and fresh baked croissants. The kitchen opens around 11am and runs until you're stuffed. All are welcome - kids, dogs, iguanas, random dock critters, old and young people - provided, of course, they're up for a good time. Family friendly most of the day and night, late night is definitely more suited for the "big kids". You never know what will happen at this place. There is also live music every Sunday night and usually 2-3 other nights of the week. Sports fan? The game is always on at the Dinghy Dock. Whether it's NFL, NHL, NBA, Soccer, College, Pro, Olympics, you name it and we will like be watching. Stop by and yell at the tvs(that's right, more than one) with us. You are guaranteed to have a good time no matter what night you go, and once you've been there, you will be back. Maybe because you got so drunk you forgot your shoes, or maybe to do it all over again. Dinghy Dock Bar "The Peril of Oyster Pond"
Grand Cayman
“Excellent meal with super service!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed an excellent meal with super service from our waitress, Sam, at this really great bar and restaurant! Read about it on Trip Advisor, and decided to try. Didn't disappoint. Nice selection of entrees and very reasonable prices. I really enjoyed the BBQ ribs! Outside seating right on the water at the marina (Oyster Pond) was spectacular at sunset. A little tricky to find - head to Captain Oliver's; we parked on the street and walked down the drive, but looks like there's limited parking inside the gate. Actually several eating establishments all sharing waterfront in the marina (and a scuba shop). Definitely recommend!

1 Thank Kent B

Cleveland, Ohio
“Fun Bar, Good Food”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We wanted a simple dinner one night and this was the right place. The bartender Brian was excellent, informative and just plain fun! Had a good dinner in a casual spot.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So Awesome I Bought a Tshirt from here as My Souvenier for the Island!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I don't know how to begin to explain how much I loved Dinghy Dock. I was in St Maartin for 8 days and literally at this bar 5/8 days. There isn't any advertising for it. There is only one partially visible sign! But when you have service, food and company this outstanding - why would you need advertising?

This is a must do for anyone in the Oyster Pond area. I felt completely at home here. It was so easy to completely lose track of time when your sitting with an amazing view of the marina, eating coconut shrimp and drinking your way through the famous "pour your own happy hour"!! Several nights we had dinner at the Dinghy Dock too. The food was great and the device was quick. They even had malt vinegar to put on the french fries ( a personal favorite of mine). Did I mention the brownies and island ice cream?! :) so good!! One night I asked the bartender if he could make me a frozen drink that tasted like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Not only was he immediately down for the challenge, bit my drink was fantastic and I had them all night long!

This is a true local spot too. Its right on the marina with beautiful open air views of the boats and water. When we were there we had multiple people start up conversations with us. Some even invited us to join them at their table. Several of the excursions and beaches we visited came from suggestions from them!

I've never written a trip advisor review ( this is my first), but I enjoyed my time here so much I had to share! If you're not convinced yet, maybe this will help sell you :)...

8 rounds of you call it mixed drinks (including off menu requests) + 2 beers, bar tab at Dinghy Dock <$30
2 bottles of water at Canoa = $24

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Experience and Atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a week in St Maarten (06-13Jul) and had planned on trying a number of local restaurants near Oyster Bay. It turns out, we only needed to try one!

We met Seth (the owner) and his dog on the beach on one of our first days and he told us about Dinghy Dock. We figured we would give it a try and we are sure glad we found this place so early on our vacation. We came for happy hour or dinner the final 5 nights of our vacation.

The service and atmosphere are great. Seth and Brian (bartender) do a great job making you feel at home. They will spend time conversing with you and making sure that you are never without a drink or food for very long. The locals are also very inviting and quick to strike up a conversation or invite you to their table.

Everything that we had to eat during the week was very good (chicken, burger, coconut shrimp, brownie sundae, tuna, grouper, etc). It wasn't anything fancy, but it was well prepared and tasted great.

Compared to the other restaurants in the area, I would say that DD is a great value with a welcoming atmosphere, good food, and outstanding service. It's a must visit for anyone near Oyster Pond. If only we could have brought DD back home with us...

• Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Great personal service”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

the owner is always there to make sure you have great food and service. He makes you feel like a new friend. The seafood is all very good. Topped off with great views---hard to beat this place

• Visited July 2013