“Excellent food and atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Canoa

Canoa
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Oyster Pond
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Commack, New York
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Canoa is superb! The food is out of this world! The wait staff and owner make you feel like you are at home! My favorite place on the island! We were on the island for 7 nights and ate there 4 of them! Looking forward to going back soon!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Valerie G

DC
“SO-SO....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Dinner was OK. I can remember what I ate at every place excpet this one, but I am sure that if I thought long enough about it I would remember. The wait was extra long and we know what Island time is and are not in a hurry when we are on vacation. The bathrrom was closed so they sent us across the street to Busby's a place we had already eaten at on the trip. Weird? She said it was broken? Have it fixed?
We did have good seats right over the water. My wife asked for another glass of wine with her dinner it never came so we ended up just canceling the order. They needed more waitstaff since it was more busy and the waiter Jeremy was running around like a chicken with his head cutoff. He was nice just stretched to thin.
This place is not bad but probably our least favorite. I am sure that if we went again it would be much better? We ate at so many great places that this one just did not stand out?

Visited August 2013
Montreal, Canada
“The Best part of my trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Hands down the best restaurant on the island. The salad, the chicken kebabe, the dessert, everything was delicious and I am an extremely picky eater. We were there 5 months ago and I am still remembering our food. The hostess was very sweet and helpful and was very passionate about the restaurant she worked at. Since the food is so good and everyone seems to know it, Dont forget to reserve a spot. We showed up one night with no reservations and every seat in the place was taken even at the bar but we decided to reserve and come the following day and we were not disapointed at all. By far one of the best places to eat. I cant believe our hotel didnt recommend it but I am thankful I found it.

• Visited April 2013
Hampton, Georgia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife (Cathy) and I spend nine days at Oyster Bay resort, we decided to eat at Canoa on our third day and see if the quality of food had gotten better after our last visit in 2011, and it had. Canoa can only be describe as one of the best places we have eaten in throughout the Caribbean and US. The service is outstanding and the food is "wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". if you are staying on the island and have time, you will not be disappointed, try this place you will love it.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Keith423
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The best dining experience of our vacation - the food - the service - the politeness - the atmosphere ( on the dock of Oyster Bay) - all were just a awesome - highly recommend!

• Visited August 2013