“Excellent”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Hampton, Georgia
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife (Cathy) and I spend nine days at Oyster Bay resort, we decided to eat at Canoa on our third day and see if the quality of food had gotten better after our last visit in 2011, and it had. Canoa can only be describe as one of the best places we have eaten in throughout the Caribbean and US. The service is outstanding and the food is "wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". if you are staying on the island and have time, you will not be disappointed, try this place you will love it.

2 Thank Keith423

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply the Best”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The best dining experience of our vacation - the food - the service - the politeness - the atmosphere ( on the dock of Oyster Bay) - all were just a awesome - highly recommend!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Eric P
New York City, New York
“A must go to!!!!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great food with exceptional staff. We ate there numerous times and can't wait to visit again. Everthing far exceeded my expectations. There was not a breadcrumb to be found in the crab meat stuffing. The lobser fish cakes where actually all fresh lobster!!!! I can honestly say that I don't have a favorite because everything is out of this world. The service was extremly appropiate, friendly and attentaive. Can't wait to return!!!

Stratford, Connecticut
“The best restaurant we went too - again and again”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I am not sure I understand the reviews that I have seen for Canoa. We had an amazing experience each time we dined there - and as it is right next to Oyster Bay Beach Resort, it made going there multiple times during our stay a very easy decision.

The staff was very friendly and courteous - never once did we feel that we were forgotten. Being on the marina it was nice to see the boats and feel the nice breeze coming through the open doors.

A great selection of food to sample. Every dish was well prepared by the chef. Some of the best meals I have ever had in my travels.

The owner was great - she came by to talk to us each night. It was a very relaxing atmosphere that made you feel you were a local - and treated like one.

You definitely need to go.

Visited July 2013
connecticut
“sophomoric”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I ordered 4 appetizers, two of which were horrendous. The plaintain signature ap was creative, but the flavors neutralized each other. The conch chowder was pleasant, but nothing notable. The lobster/fish cakes were coated in way too much crust, and overcooked. The calamari was inexcusably over salted. Also, the service was over the top. Every 5 minutes someone was asking if we were having a great time. On the bright side, my daughter's banana-misu dessert rocked,