“very pleasant accomodation”
Review of Sol Hotel

Sol Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Oyster Pond
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed for 5 nights in April in quiet Oyster Pond just inside the French part of the island and a welcome contrast to the ever bustling concrete jungle of St Maarten. Sol is a motel rather than a hotel. It's self-contained rooms are a decent size, well furnished, have good a/c, efficient shower, and small kitchenette. Each has a balcony with good view over the garden/pool to the quiet harbour/marina.
The owner, Collette, is a very helpful and charming person.

5  Thank vodoo

Reviewed May 13, 2012

My first visit at Sol was September 89 during hurricane Hugo ....ive stayed at other hotels on the island but Sol is my favourite...... just came back April -12 ... Colette is charming as ever..
my room was decorated with great style ,,,,, I love sitting on my terrace early in the moring drinking coffee and looking out over the marina at Captain Olivers ...... see you next year.

Room Tip: Room 8 is my favourite
7  Thank Panchito45
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This is the best little hotel ever!!! Collette omg is soooo friendly. I arrived late in the night and she waited until I got to the hotel, showed me around my room and recommend the little best restaurant around the area (Dinghy Dock). Now if your like me who does not need tv and want to get away from the phones this is the place for you. It is relaxing, friendly, peaceful. Just BEAUTIFUL. I will be staying here from now on when in St Maarten or St Martin.

6  Thank M0nalisaB
Reviewed March 27, 2012

All the good things that you read about this hotel are true. If you are going to St. Martin and are looking for excellent and affordable accommodation you need look no further than Sol Hotel. It’s not luxurious or filled with bells and whistles but it’s certainly a charming, clean and picturesque little hotel. A car is a must but if you want to access all of the island’s beaches and restaurants that would be the case almost anywhere you stayed.
Oyster Pond is a small and cozy spot and the hotel is in walking distance to a number of restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank James B
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and two of our friends stayed at this small inn on the French side of St Martin for a night last month. The location was perfect and the rooms were clean & had a balcony with a great view of the Oyster Pond marina. We loved the fact that we were even able to walk to a nice restaurant for dinner and a minimart was nearby as well. Colette was not there the night we stayed, but another lady who managed the operation for the evening was lovely. We rented a car at the airport and drove to the inn. The parking was free and very convenient. We would definitely stay at the here again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lovethearts
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for just one night while awaiting a flight. What a value and a view. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CompuDave
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I read the recent reviews on TripAdvisor and selected the Sol Hotel because of it's location and value. My husband and I just returned from our five day stay and were delighted. The location is perfect for a quiet getaway. The room was clean and decorated with charm. Colette is warm and extremely helpful with recommendations for beaches and restaurants and her dogs became our adopted pets for the week. That was a nice treat that we didn't expect. Our room overlooked the pool, harbor and ocean. There is a little grocery store within a short walk that sells fresh french pasteries, bread and wine. We watched the superbowl at the Dinghy Dock outside bar with a nice crowd. We also had a chance to try all of the nearby restaurants and were not disappointed. We also rented a car and visited several beaches around the island. I would not stay anywhere else. The hotel is practically next door to Captain Oliver's where you can reserve a day trip to St. Barth's. Bring your wallet. Worth seeing, but very expensive.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #2 right in front of the pool and loved it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina
The Azure Hotel
The Azure Hotel
#1 of 7 in Simpson Bay

Been to Sol Hotel? Share your experiences!