“Best ribs on the island”

Mr. Busby's Beach Bar
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Oyster Pond
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Parking here is not easy, but well worth finding. I had delicious shrimp linguine. My son rated these the best ribs he had all vacation. I sampled the green beans on my husband's plate and they were so good that I wanted to go back so I could have my own. The food is reasonably priced as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,783)

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was one of the best meals we had in St. Martin. I had shrimp linguine. Very tasty. My son rated the ribs the best he had all week. Parking is a bit tough, but the restaurant is large and outdoors on the water.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Tonight we go to bed hungry. As ex pats how live on the island of St. Martin, we've read for years on Jeff Burger website about how great the food was at Daniel's by the Sea restaurant in Oyster Pond. There is something wrong here. As my wife and I tried to dine on oily saturated spicy calamari, half order of the rubber like penne alfredo and I had one bite of my carboard like chicken parmagiana that tasted worse than a tv dinner. Daniel's must of paid a high price to get those rave reviews from Jeff Burger's site. the reviews are completely misleading at best. I can honestly say, hands down that this was worst meal we've ever had served to us.

1  Thank Jamesonpark
Reviewed March 22, 2014

food was ok, nothing really stood out at the table, service was slow and they never came back to ask if it was good or if we needed more drinks... very pricey for what you get and watch the bill as the add a 12% service charge without telling you.

Traveler1928, Manager at Mr. Busby's Beach Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Hello

Thank you for your review , I am dissapointed to hear that you did not enjoy your dinner , I do agree that our service is slow , this is mainly due to the fact that over the years we have grown in popularity and the size of our kitchen has remained the same and is definitely undersized for our volume with only 10 burners to handle the demand, on a positive note we do have plans to extend our kitchen this off season and add more stoves and burners as well as more kitchen staff in order to handle the crowd more adequately in the upcoming future and offer faster service .
Service charge is standard in many restaurants on the island and is clearly noted " service charge will be added to your check " at the bottom of all our menu pages .
Hopefully you can consider re visiting us again on your next trip and looking forward to serving you better next time .

Daniel

Reviewed March 20, 2014

we went two nights we were in st Martins and both nights were excellent. French Onion Soup was fantastic and cheese cake awesome but everything else great as well.