“Wonderful Food and view.”
Review of Le Planteur

Le Planteur
Ranked #13 of 17 Restaurants in Oyster Pond
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2009

My brothers and I have dined at Le Planteur 3 or 4 times, And have always enjoyed superb food and service. We always top off our meal with an assortment of deserts that we each sample and pass!
If you are staying at oyster pond it's a must,

1  Thank Woedan
There are newer reviews for Le Planteur

Reviewed February 15, 2009

Nice setting and very convenient to Oyster Pond resort, but fish very overcooked--rubbery, really, and scallops heavily dosed with tarragon. Do not recommend.

Reviewed December 7, 2008

I bet many people miss this restaurant because they turn to Captain Olivier's after passing Dutch-French border. I am so happy we found it!
My husband had mahi-mahi and I had grouper and both of the dishes highlight was sauce for the fish - not intrusive and complimenting the fish, not overwhelming it.
The duck our daughter ordered was presented very well and tasted great too.

The restaurant is very pleasant and you can see Oyster Pond.
Until high season it's not open for lunch, only for dinners and is closed on Wed.
I was curious though why there was a small pool on premises.

3  Thank lenusik
Reviewed November 18, 2008

Our experience started when we were picked up by the owner of the restaurant at our hotel. From there the service continued to get better. We had a great french meal. The sauces were phenomenal. We also had a great view of Oyster Pond.

This is a great restaurant that is off the beaten path, so it's ideal for a quient romantic evening! This was one of our favorite meals on the island.

3  Thank Wilde_Chicago
Reviewed October 26, 2008

We had a very nice meal at Le Planteur, overlooking Oyster Pond on the French side. The fish soup with aoili was especially good, and wines very reasonable priced.