“Overall good food, well presented. Service was a bit too attentive if that is possible.”
Review of Captain Oliver's

Captain Oliver's
Ranked #14 of 17 Restaurants in Oyster Pond
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Captain Oliver's
Huntington, MA USA
Reviewed January 17, 2011

My sister and I ate here one evening during our trip to St. Martin. The place is large and has a view of the marina which is nice. It was not very busy and they had entertainment that was very below average. The music was ok, but this guy could not sing. The service was almost annoyingly attentive. We had more than one server, all very nice young men from the Dominican Republic and Jamaica. They had nothing to do so kept coming back to our table for no reason. The food was very good, although I have forgotten what we ordered now! I believe we both had fish/seafood. Experience overall was good and prices were average for the area. I would go here again.

• Visited December 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
“Go for the Scenery, Don't Go for the Food”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I use the word scenery because of the view of the beautiful marina from within the restaurant. But the atmosphere is poor, unless you favor a professional karoake who thinks he's Michael Jackson, and a poor one at that.

During this trip to St. Maarten, I have ordered fish every night, mainly red snapper, and this is what I ordered at Captain Oliver's. While the King is not a gourmet when it comes to fine dining, he knows his fish, and this fish was of the frozen food variety - no better than the frozen fish one can buy in the grocer's freezer back home - I'm talkin Mrs. Paul's. This was truly the worse meal of our one week vacation, and we have two more days to go.

My wife ordered the grouper, and it was not prepared the way she requested, so that adds to the negative atmosphere, if you know what I mean. And having worked in a restaurant, the King would never encourage anyone to send it back unless it was totally unedible.

Go to Daniels - it very close by. You'll be doing yourself a favor.,

1 Thank KingAtlanticCity
Great Neck, New York
“I'm not sure”
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Captain Olivers is down the hill to the Marina after you pass Le Planteur. There are two other restaurants which we have not tried, the Dinghy Dock, which looks like casual food, and Quai Ouest, which has a french menu. When we got to the restaurant at about 6:00 PM, it was empty. It is a large, pleasant space, right on the water. French appears to be the language of the restaurant, although our bill was in dollars. Okay, you want to know about the food. I had a steak with a Mango Chutney, which was very tasty, the steak was a bit tough. My wife had a duck breast which she liked, although I tasted it and did not care for it. All in all, however, we enjoyed our meal as a total experience. I thought the dishes were a bit pricey for the area, but again, we enjoyed it. So, either I have to go again to see, or you go and let us know what you think.

1 Thank Igoyugo
Katowice, Poland
“beware of the waitress”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I am in Oyster Pond now, I went to this restaurant 2 days ago, the prices are high but the food was quite ok, beware of the waitress, I will NOT come back there, as she ripped us off, she is trying to be nice and so sweet, but I noticed that people from 2 tables next to my table had problem with the bill,,,
I tipped her well and and she gave me back 5$ less, I dont care about 5$ but when I give the tipp I know how much should I get back, so I think each table had the same problem... first and last time .... pity because the location is nice

1 Thank marcin1980
Memphis, Tennessee
“Did Not Eat Here...”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Bc any local we asked told us not to and directed us to Big Fish or Daniels by the Sea. So this is not fair, but we did go to the restaurant and had a drink...and ate at both Big Fish and Daniels...