I am just back from a fabulous week of diving at Compass Point Dive Resort.
First of all, the location is superb! Being in Grand Cayman's East End, this resort is away from the crowd of 7 Miles Beach and George Town in a very quiet and beautiful location. The accomodations are immaculately clean, well supplied and very spacious. The well appointed kitchen allows you cook and dine-in. The area has several very good restaurants (see specific reviews of Tukka and The Lighthouse restaurants). Every unit has a very comfortable balcony with chairs and tables to relax or eat in front of a wonderful view. The sandy beach is nice for a nap on some reading. The staff is amazing and always ready to assist. The property has two pools, one that is use for dive training purposes and another one, resort style, across the road from the rest of the complex.
And most importantly, these amazing apartments are just a few steps from amazing diving (see separate review on Ocean Frontier).
An absolute 5 star!
And a place to return to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LAID BACK LUXURY....Located on the untouched, pristine East End of the Island. Situated approximately 21 miles East from Grand Cayman's international airport and approximately 1 mile past the sleepy village of East End.Compass Point Dive Resort Compromises of 28 luxurious one, two and three bedroom oceanfront and poolside condominiums, each with their own private patio or balcony. Each condominium is beautifully appointed with stylish island decor and fully equipped with all of the comforts of home. New in 2013, Eagle Ray's Bar & Grill, dockside overlooking the Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Compass Point Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Point Dive Hotel East End
- Compass Point Dive Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands