This was my first trip to the Cayman Islands and knowing nothing about where to stay but knowing that the trip was intended to enjoy scuba diving, searching the internet I located Compass Point. It seemed to have all of the basic requirements for the perfect trip and it certainly was. We wanted a kitchen in order to avoid needing to go out to restaurants and Compass Point offered a full kitchen fully stocked with any cooking utensil we needed. Waking up to the sunrise just outside the balcony was wonderful. The resort is very quiet at night which we wanted, it was a bit of a drive from the airport and most shopping but was well worth it. I do recommend stopping at the grocery store before arrival and pick up the basic necessities. The condo comes with a roll of paper towels, laundry detergent for one quick load but no fabric softener. They also supply facial tissue and toilet paper but you may want to pick up a few rolls of your preferred brand versus the hotel quality that they supply. The diving was the best I have ever experienced. The dive boats are literally just outside your door. The staff was very attentive and all were well trained and very concerned for your safety while diving. The 4 dives we took with Ocean Frontiers, the dive operation associated with the resort were absolutely beautiful and better than I could have imagined. There are approximately 55 dive sites on the east end and I can hardly wait to come back to see more. If you are not interested in the crowds and want a nice relaxing vacation centered around scuba diving, Compass Point is the place to stay. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LAID BACK LUXURY....Located on the untouched, pristine East End of the Island. Situated approximately 21 miles East from Grand Cayman's international airport and approximately 1 mile past the sleepy village of East End.Compass Point Dive Resort Compromises of 28 luxurious one, two and three bedroom oceanfront and poolside condominiums, each with their own private patio or balcony. Each condominium is beautifully appointed with stylish island decor and fully equipped with all of the comforts of home. New in 2013, Eagle Ray's Bar & Grill, dockside overlooking the Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Compass Point Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Point Dive Hotel East End
- Compass Point Dive Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands