Spoiled! I am so spoiled now. We arrived...they whisked our gear to their area to go on the boat in the morning. When we loaded onto the boat, our gear was setup on the tanks, etc. Diving in GC is PHOENOMINAL... we took our BCs off and they put them on our second tanks. After the dive, we took our gear off, placed it into a crate with our names attached to them; and they brought it back to their gear area. They then rinsed and hung to dry and had it ready the next day....where they did the same thing: setup the gear, etc. All of the dives had the option of being guided (which I fully recommend ...to see all of the hidden treasures and swim throughs, etc). The staff was great... the condo was perfect.. All of the amenities were there to be able to cook good meals...including a recipe book! The tubs have jets in case you wish to have a hot tub...
Only complaint: we went there when the were replacing their dock. It was noisy during the day with the construction. We couldn't really take advantage of the beach. But we spent so much time under water...we were too exhausted to care too much about that anyway. This was just a timing thing. This would not be the case 2 months from now.
I would stay nowhere else in Grand Cayman. Its in a remote part of the island, which gives you a more 'local' feel. We drove into Georgetown and we fully confirmed that we made the right choice. Georgetown is hustle and bustle with HUGE hotel after HUGE hotel. Just another ugly city. Where Compass Point is located, there is nothing around except for beautiful foliage and small restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LAID BACK LUXURY....Located on the untouched, pristine East End of the Island. Situated approximately 21 miles East from Grand Cayman's international airport and approximately 1 mile past the sleepy village of East End.Compass Point Dive Resort Compromises of 28 luxurious one, two and three bedroom oceanfront and poolside condominiums, each with their own private patio or balcony. Each condominium is beautifully appointed with stylish island decor and fully equipped with all of the comforts of home. New in 2013, Eagle Ray's Bar & Grill, dockside overlooking the Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Compass Point Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Point Dive Hotel East End
- Compass Point Dive Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands